I am glad you know how to get laid 1940s style

JoJo, I need to see her. She's hurt, she needs me. I can't see, but I bump through the path I know towards her crib. I trip over a figure and land with a loud thud. "Where is she?" I look frantically as my vision begins to clear. "It's alright, she's here. She's right here, I won't let anything happen to her." Ricky has JoJo cradled in the nook of his arm as he then grabs me and pulls me up against him, I look at her, still breathing with light tears going down her cheeks. "What did it tell you?" I notice our daughter is beginning to settle back to slowly into sleep, away from pain for now. "What are you, guys, still not telling me?" At this moment, Ricky realizes he's caught yet again and cuddles JoJo close to him. "I asked you first." He replies innocently with his cheek pressed against JoJo's.

"In my past life, I've cheated, I've lied, I've hurt people, and I pissed one of your voodoo gods off because I was with three of her favorite men and I guess that's frowned upon in your culture—"
"That's frowned upon in any culture, Vanessa."
I ignore him and continue going. "And everything that has happened to this point is all my fault, the fans dying, Balz's falling, everything! And now JoJo is going to die and it's all my fault!" JoJo is soundly asleep now, her breathing steady. "Hey, calm down. Everything is going to be okay, my job as a Father and your partner is to protect you two when you can't. I will not let anyone else die, I will not let anyone else get hurt. Do you trust me?" Ricky sets a hand on my cheek, stroking it with his thumb and gives me a sincere look. "Always."
"Then let's get on this plane and fix it all."
•••
Waiting for a plane has never been so exciting for me till now, fans seem to notice us no matter how many hoods we put up and sunglasses we put over our eyes. However, a girl stands out, she is more pale than I and her black hair caresses her cheeks. She's tall and lanky, her skirt hitting at her knees and a white crop shirt reveals the skin under her belly button. Her boots lead to the top of her shins and add an inch to her already astounding height. "Hello, you are Vanessa, yes?" Her brown eyes lock to the bundle in my arms whom is JoJo gurgling in protest of being held. "Yes, can I help you?"

She bends over enough to peek at JoJo. "Who's the Dad? Christopher?" Chris looks at me and shakes his head. "My child would be more attractive." I roll my eyes at him and return to the girl with a small smile. "We are keeping it personal till the Dad feels comfortable with showing her to the public. What's your name?"
"Rachel Bennet, your singing is quite good. I just came over to say hello and see if it was you." Chris stands up, this girl was an inch away from being as tall as him! Chris walks toward the coffee shop where Ricky and Vinny are, Rachel sighs so my attention is on her again.

"Where are you all headed?" JoJo let's out her frustrated cry and she begins to try to free herself from the blanket. I fix the blanket so she can move a little more before answering Rachel. "Back home, personal reasons." I look at my little girl and tickle her neck to distract her from the blanket prison, waiting for Rachel to leave. She doesn't though until her family calls her back to them, two other girls and three boys have the same features as Rachel. Their parents look similar to them as well, they have blonde hair instead of black and they appear very tired from herding children around. Ricky, Vinny, and Chris show up in time for us to board our plane. "A mocha for my lady and here is your water, Ryan." Ryan accepts his bottle of water from Ricky as I take my coffee from Ricky's other hand. Renee and Gabe argue over who got a window seat and I smile at them. Ricky and I decided that Gabe and Renee should stay with us till Ricky's sister shows and claims them.

We then board the plane, Ricky and I settle into a seat with Josh and Vinny behind us. Chris is sitting by Devin while Ryan takes a chance in sitting by Greg in front of Ricky and I. I watch the rest of my friends from the other bands board, the roadies and crew took the buses home in volunteer so I would have to text Audrey later about how JoJo is and if I was nervous about being pregnant on an airplane (both were obvious and I honestly think she did it just to give advice).
Ricky stretches before sliding an arm over my shoulders. "Wow, so smooth, Ricky Olson. I am glad you know how to get laid 1940s' style." I say before getting out my book to read for the flight home. He sends me a goofy smile and plays with my hair. "I never said my flirting was better than Dallas Winston's, but hey, do I have a chance?"
"No."