I'll see you on the better side

The jingle of keys awaken me, along with bright light focused on my face. I grunt and open my eyes to let them adjust to the light. "Good morning, sleeping beauties." A soft, crazy like laugh only belongs to one crazy not-so-quiet person. "Braxton can't leave us alone for a minute." I whisper to myself as I sit up to look over at the red headed nuisance. "Good morning to you as well." He snickers once more before setting the bright flashlight at the cell door. "So," Braxton holds up a ring of keys while biting his bottom lip "are we going through with this or would you prefer to marry the runt and live down here?" I feel Ricky tense up next to me and gently touch his shoulder until his muscles relax, making sure I look to the ground as if I didn't know my response. "Well, okay—"
"Wait!" Braxton pauses just as he is about to step away, he looks me in the eye. "Yes?" Time to see if I can be an actress.
I give Ricky one final touch with my finger before standing to my feet, giggling like I've seen girls do in the hallway to the cute football player, how they boost the boy's ego before making a move. This is our chance.

"No...You were right, I can't marry either one...They aren't," I touch the bars of the cell and make sure to lean in close to him "you." Braxton has a crazy smile playing on his lips as he listens to me. "I need someone to protect myself and my children, I don't believe either could do that. You though, are strong and powerful, and smart."
The biggest lie of them all.
"I will marry you, but these people are still my friends. I'd like them to be freed as well, and my daughters in their father's care till you and I are wed properly. Please, make sure they are being treated fairly." I don't know if Braxton will keep his end of the bargain, this whole plan could fail if he doesn't, but I will just have to be sure he keeps the deal until we can escape at least. "You are my queen...I will do as you ask, dear." I nod with a smile at his answer, Braxton unlocks our cell and watches all three men leave it behind. "Come with me." Braxton leads us through a few turns before we are above the cell ground again. The air seems fresh up here and makes me never regret a single breath ever again.
"Balzar." Braxton calls out, a short and plump man with a long beard jogs around the corner. Balzar huffs at the sudden need of exercise, but appears ready nonetheless. "Yes, Master Rae?"
"See to it that these three..." Braxton trails off as he examines Ricky, Chris, and Ryan. "Um, gentlemen, have rooms and are taken well care of. Also, the babies that are here are this one's." Braxton points to Ricky, I glance over at my partner and see him grimace. This isn't easy for him either if it's not more difficult.

Even though his face is dirty he still is so beautiful. His blue eyes still bright and alert though tired, his black hair is slightly tangled from yesterday's adventure yet if I could I would still want to touch it. Even in fatigue, hurt, and cold he is still just as handsome as he was the day before and the week before and the year before, he is still just as strong in a situation that would make most men hurt and cry. I hate myself already for doing this, because Braxton will never be half the man Ricky is and Ricky does not deserve this. He'll certainly never make as great of a leader as Ricky could, and he is defiantly not as attractive. I doubt Braxton can even babysit, let alone be a father, after all of this I promise myself I will make things right. Starting with Ricky by my side and Braxton at the bottom if not dead.

"Yes, sir! Oh, Lady Persephone, my apologies." Balzar bows with a smile that makes my heart warm, this poor soul is still making others happy even in such a dark place. "Please, we are equals, there is no need to bow to me." I see Braxton glare at me out of my peripheral vision, this isn't how someone as important as me acts I suppose. Though this man is to sweet for thinking he is below me, I should be the lowest of the low if anything. "You are kind, Lady Persephone. Come now!" Balzar gestures for the men to follow him down the right hallway. As Ricky pasts me he gently grabs my wrist and leans into my ear so only we can hear his words.
"I'll see you on the better side."
I watch him leave and feel my heart hurt, I keep telling myself this is for the best, our children come before our happiness. Yet it seems we are pushing it very far.
But pushing the limits is what makes the novice trapper a senior hunter.