Epilouge

I have been in this place for two months now. I have mostly learned to accept it, there is nothing I can say that people will believe. After I awoke form my first day there, my sister visited me. She said she couldn't tell me anything, that the nurses said it would put me into a shock. Not even she bought my story, she left me me that day in saying she couldn't handle being a sister with someone who would do something as I had done. I have mostly kept to myself in the facility, occasionally a man or woman will befriend me for a short while and keep me entertained so I don't for even more crazy. I was playing a game of chess with a recent new friend who went by the name of Markus when I was called into the visiting room. I haven't had a visitor since my sister.
I walk to the room to see a woman with a short bob and business suit. I sat in the seat opposite of her, not knowing what to say.

"Why are you here? Who are you?" The lady smiles at me and shifts in here seat. "My name Is Renee Marshall." Adrenaline almost hit the roof. "Renee?" The woman nodded, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "My brother Gabe and I need to tell you something." I nod and lean in, so my story wasn't fake! Then I remember, my Gabe and Renee were much younger than this woman.
"You're mother, Alisha, she was a wonderful woman. She adopted my brother and I, she told us we had another sibling. She claimed you were dead, but I saw a recent news article about a woman murdering another woman in her apartment I noticed it was you. You are Vanessa, and it's amazing to find you even though it must be on poor circumstances. That's when my mind flashed to a photo I had found when I was young of two children in a around my age in one of my mother's dressers when I was going through her things. I had assumed it was her and her own brother. "That's impossible, my mother died. I found a picture of two kids, but that was after she had died I thought it was my uncle and her."
Renee gave me a sad smile before sliding her own photograph of my own mother with Renee in a graduation gown. "She is now, she died two years ago from breast cancer. She gave you up when your father didn't want to be apart of the family anymore and couldn't support you, saying she had passed away in a letter. The place we came from alway sent pictures of the children they adopt out.I'm so sorry, Vanessa." I force tears back and shake my head. "It's okay."
"...I do know what happened if you'd like to know. The nurses say you don't remember a thing, but with all the drugs in your system I imagine you wouldn't." I put my focus back on Renee. "Please, tell me."

Renee nods before taking my hand.
"You overdosed on a drug, pill form. A suicide attempt perhaps, your friend, I believe her name was Hayley found you. When you woke up you were still hungover from the affects of the drug which include slight hallucinations. You thought she was an intruder and murdered her before passing out again from adrenaline. You were in a slight coma for three days from all the excitement. You talked about demons and odd things in your coma, they deemed you insane and that's why you're here. They've diagnosed you with schizophrenia and insanity." I took it all in, the nurse was right. It truly was all just mind games.
"Visiting time is up." The guard told Renee, she sighs before standing to her feet and I do as well. She pulls me in a quick hug. "I'll try to visit more."
With that she left and the guards decide it was time for me to go into solitary for a short time. They call it therapy, I call being driven more into madness.

I sit in the white room now with foam orbs on my hands. I know now that I will never be a photographer, but imprisoned here doing nothing. I find myself staring at one particular corner till a black figure slowly forms itself there. I whimper as it stands, afraid of what this figure might be. "Don't be afraid, I'm not going to hurt you, Vanessa." The voice I notice to well, I look up at the figure looming over me before
smiling. "Ricky." He sits by me and gently draws me into him, holding me in his
arms. "I haven't seen you since..."
"I know I haven't been around, but it's for good. I'm here now though."

"Good it was starting to get boring here." I laugh silently as his grip loosens before drifting into his pockets. "Well, we always have these." He says before pulling out a white bottle, the sounds of the pills hitting against the plastic.