chapter nine

dan

As it turns out, keeping Phil Lester out of his life is harder than Dan imagined.

He's everywhere; school, english class, in the street, walking home behind Dan... Wherever Dan goes, Phil Lester always seems to be there, not that they've spoken. They've only shared awkward eye contact when they both sneak a look at the same time.

Although they both refuse to admit it; they miss each other.

Dan did also get in trouble for storming out of his counseling session. He has another booked for tomorrow afternoon, and his parents warned that if he storms out again, they'll book him in for the next year as apposed to the next two months.

He sighs deeply, standing in front of his cupboard, trying to decide what to wear. Dan pulls on his usual pair of faded, black jeans but cannot decide on a t-shirt. Running late, he finally tugs on the first one he grabs, a black, white and green patterned one, and pulls on a pair of white high top shoes before racing out the door.

Dan is shoving books into his backpack as he is running out onto the street, not looking where he is going. In pure Dan style, he bumps into something, tripping backwards an landing on the concrete with a thump.

"Watch where you're going," An all too familiar voice snaps, and Dan looks up to see Phil and the blue eyes he has secretly missed so much.

"Sorry," Dan mumbles, not breaking eye contact with Phil, "I wasn't looking where I was going."

"Well, I'll get out of your life then," Phil says, a hint of hurt flashing through his eyes, "that's what you wanted after all."

Dan remains on the ground, frozen as he watches Phil start to walk off. The words leave his mouth before he can process what he's saying.

"I'm sorry," Dan calls out, making Phil pause and turn around, frowning at him.

"You already said that."

"I know, but I'm sorry, for... What I said," Dan says quietly, but so Phil can still hear him, his eyes turning to the ground.

And when he looks back up, Phil is half way up the street, having just walked off. Dan sighs, pulling himself off the ground and swinging his bag over his shoulder with a sigh.

"Dan!" A familiar voice calls from behind, and Dan turns to see a blurred face, but a curly, brown mop of hair and a smaller, skinny figure.

"Troye?" Dan asks, a smile creeping over his face.

"That's me! I've missed you Dan! The tour has been insane though!" Troye says excitedly as they hug, "it's like so amazing and exciting and wow!"

"Sounds so cool," Dan says, grinning at Troye, "I wish my life was that exciting."

"Well if you do the thing you love then it will be," Troye says, patting Dan on the back, "so, I have a show tonight, feel like ditching school to hang out with your old buddy?"

"I wish, but mum and dad are keeping close tabs on me, and they're unreachable at work," Dan says, sighing sadly.

"Perhaps I could attend school with you," Troye suggests, "I mean, I'm sure it'd be okay, as long as you're school is fine with it."

"Yeah, that would be awesome!" Dan says, before looking at the time on his phone and grimacing, "but I'm not sure if we'll make it in time."

"It's okay, I have a driver," Troye says, "you don't think I walked to your house from my hotel did you?"

And that's how Dan ends up arriving at school via a sleek, black BMW. He and Troye hop out and they duck in to see the school's principal, who is all too happy to have 'a celebrity at our school', promising to notify the staff.