chapter thirteen

// sorry for scaring those who thought I was deleting the book XD //

dan

It's Saturday, and Dan needs to drink.

His head is throbbing and something is curling inside of him. His fingers twitching, he needs alcohol in his bloodstream. He's addicted, he knows that, but right now, all he cares about his getting his hands on a bottle of alcohol. He drained his only one after his 'talk' with Phil.

He's spend the morning searching the house for alcohol and staring at Phil's closed window which has the curtains drawn. It's all Phil's fault, it's his fault that he's in this mess. He should've listened to Pj and just stayed away.

And now, an hour later, Dan needs to do something. Dan knows that it's dangerous, but he's walking through the alleys in the city. He has money and a knife in his pocket for protection, a bag slung over his back, and he's looking for someone who can give him alcohol. He's still underage, so he can't get it himself and he can't just ask any old person.

After walking past some weird looking individuals - judging from their hair and baggy, dark clothes - Dan sees two guys wearing leather jackets and one is holding a bottle of alcohol, the other has some pills of some sort in a bag.

They frown when they see Dan, but Dan has dressed in dark clothes - not that he doesn't always dress in black anyway - so he doesn't stand out too much.

"What are you doing here kid?" One says, his voice rough.

"I-I'm looking for someone to give me alcohol," Dan says, trying to sound confident and tough.

"Well, you've come to the right place kid," the same guy says, leaning against the wall, "but there's a price. We can't just go giving alcohol to any old kid or we'd get caught."

"What's the price?" Dan asks, "I have money."

"Money isn't enough. We have some... Odd jobs you could do," The guy says, "in return, I'll give you what you want."

"What odd jobs?"

"Use your brain kid," he says.

"Drug deals?"

"Unless you can't handle it."

Dan wants to say no, but the itch inside of him, and the bottle which is so close to him just beckons him. He needs alcohol and this is the only way he's going to be able to get it. He sighs deeply and closes his eyes.

"Fine, I'm in," Dan says, "now can I have alcohol?"

"Here kid," the guy says, handing Dan the bottle in his hand, "now come back here this time tomorrow or else. I have guys everywhere newbie."

Dan nods.

"Question, who are you?" Dan asks.

"I'm Shane, and that's Jim," Shane says, "and you are?"

"Uh, Dan," Dan says.

"Well Dan, I'll see you tomorrow," Shane says, his voice demanding and sharp.

Dan nods before turning and throwing the bottle into the backpack he bought. He practically sprints out of the alley to his house, sitting in his room, panting. He pulls the bottle out, it's still sealed so he's pretty sure it's safe, not that he cares anyway, he feels like shit.

He tips the bottle up to his lips and soon after taking a few sips from the bottle, he feels better. His head is more fogged, the alcohol is now running through his bloodstream, he feels the ache inside of him slowly cease to numbness.