chapter twenty six

// since this book is loosely based off a tøp song, here's some tøp fanart I did ^_^

Warning: fluff (finally) ^_^ //

dan

Silence.

That's what follows.

Dan lets go of Phil, half expecting to see Phil with blood covering his stomach once again, but he looks just as surprised as Dan.

Slowly, they both turn their heads to where Shane is lying on the ground, a growing red patch on his stomach and gun resting near Phil's foot. Phil picks up the gun and points it at Jim, who still has his own gun trained on Shane.

He looks up at Dan and Phil, his eyes focusing on the gun in Phil's shaking hand, registering the confusion of the two boys.

"Don't shoot Phil," Jim says, "I'm with the police. My sentence would be reduced if I helped capture Shane, that's why I was out."

"Oh," Phil says, not quite buying it.

Then the police step into view. About fucking time, Dan thinks, but they were probably hanging back and waiting because they knew Jim would act.

Dan still holds tightly onto Phil's hand and can't seem to tear his gaze from Shane. He's lying on the ground, his hands gripping his stomach, which has a flow of crimson seeping through his shirt onto the concrete.

Despite all he's put Dan and Phil through, Dan can't help but notice how much he resembles Phil now. Curled on the ground with his life slowly bleeding out of him.

"Let's get him out of here," one policeman says, and two pick up Shane, carrying him out of the alley.

Phil looks over at Jim.

"Why?" Phil asks, "why'd you betray him?"

"Because I was trapped, like you were Phil. I wanted out, Shane wouldn't give it to me," Jim says, "like you, I met someone which made me want to change."

"Oh," Phil says quietly.

Dan looks over at Phil, a small smile on his face. Phil looks back at Dan, meeting his gaze. God Dan never gets tired of those eyes.

"Come on you lot," A policeman says, "we have a couple questions for you before you can go home."

"We'll be right out," Phil answers, "can I just talk to Dan for five minutes?"

"Sure, be out in five," he replies before he, Jim and the rest of the police walk out of the alley, leaving Dan and Phil alone.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Dan asks, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

"You shouldn't have come," Phil says, looking at Dan with a stern face, "why won't you ever listen to me?"

"Don't take it personally Phil, I don't listen to anyone," Dan says with a light laugh.

"It's not funny - you could've been killed!" Phil says.

"You could've been killed as well - but we're both fine," Dan points out.

Phil sighs, running a hand through his black fringe. He bites his lip and smiles at Dan, shaking his head, which looks so cute (in Dan's opinion anyway).

"You're lucky you're such an adorable loser," Phil says.

"So, did you mean it?" Dan asks, nervousness curling inside his stomach.

"Mean what?" Phil asks, slightly puzzled.

"Do you love me?" Dan asks, looking at Phil expectantly for an answer.