chapter thirty one

// I want a friendship like Dan and Phil's ^_^

also this is what happens when I'm bored:

^and that's what faces look like to Dan

^and that's what faces look like to Dan. BLURRY not blank.

I have way too much time on my hands lol. //

dan

There's a brief moment of silence.

Well, it feels more than brief to Dan. The silence seems to drag on forever in his perspective, as he waits and waits for Phil to finally say something.

Dan isn't quite sure why Phil would ring, but then again, he rang Phil first. Why did he have to call Phil again, all it did was make things complicated. Dan is still with Lyle, and Phil has probably moved on by now.

"You called me," Phil says after the longest eight seconds of Dan's life.

What does he do now? Part of Dan - a large part - is contemplating pretending that the call was an accident, that he never meant to call in the first place.

"I uh, I didn't mean to," Dan stammers, his cheeks flushing pink, "sorry."

"You left a message you idiot," Phil says, a hint of amusement in his tone, but mainly he just sounds hurt, "why do you have to lie?"

I'm sorry Phil, but it was a mistake I just, I'm sorry," Dan stammers.

"What are you apologising for?" Phil asks, his voice confused and Dan can picture the frown on Phil's face right now.

"Everything," Dan whispers, "I'm sorry for everything."

"Dan? You're breaking up, I can't hear you very-" Phil is stammering from the other side of the cracking line.

"I'm sorry Phil, you were right. It was always you," Dan whispers, closing his eyes before he hangs up.

Dan lies back on his bed, tears in his eyes and his heart feeling heavy. He so badly just wants to be with Phil, he needs him. He's starting to realise that he made mistakes with this.