Chapter 15: So Beautiful Yet So Oblivious

I woke up and I was in my bed in old room, but it look different like someone else was living it in. I then looked around and I see two little boys playing pirate with wooden swords. I giggled at the sight because that is what Nash and I use to do. I watched them as they jumped into the pile of leaves and kept playing around.

Soon enough, they ran inside and I hear their small feet running upstairs. They barge through the door and laid down on the bed panting and laughing at the same time. Then the pale boy pinned the tan boy to the bed by his wrists. The tan boy tried to break free, but could not do so. Firstly because he was laughing so hard and secondly because it look like he did not want to.

"Hey Nash," the tan boy said with his innocent brown eyes.

"What is it Cammie?" Nash asked still having the tan boy's arms pinned.

"Will we always be together, even after we pass on?" He asked worried.

"I promise you that we will be together even after we die," Nash vowed.

"Pinky promise?" He asked holding out his pinky.

"Pinky promise," Nash said intertwining their small fingers.

"Boys, dinner," a familiar voice said.

"Coming mom," the tan boy said.

They both ran down the stairs and the memory faded away. I look down and I was in the void again. I walked around and it was silent. No voices, no monsters, nothing, the only sound I heard was my echoing footsteps. Until I head a sound of a clock ticking.

"Tick, tock Cameron, tick tock," a loud dark voice said,"You are running out of time, I have something that you want."

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"I will give you a hint, so beautiful yet so oblivious to your feelings," he said echoing through the void.

Nash.

"How could you?!" I screamed.

"Tick tock, tick tock, but unfortunately your time is up," he said laughing soon after,"You can never have him back."

The voice soon disappeared and I was left alone, again. I did not know where to go I was blind to where he is, but I will find him, one way or another. I ran around aimlessly to find some type of door or window, something to make me leave this void. I then see a door that looks like the door to my backyard. I look out and see my backyard, looking out the wood.

I slide the door open and I was outside in the old backyard. I hear familiar laughter coming from the woods. I followed the sound walking, deeper and deeper into the woods. I look up at the treehouse that Nash and I use to play in. I hear a lot of banging and noises coming from up above. I look up and see young Nash with a pirate hat on.

"Captain Nash and Captain Cameron sailing the seven seas, to find the hidden treasure," Nash proclaimed,"Ahh! Kraken off the port bow!"

The tan boy looked out into his pretend telescope and drew his wooden sword. They pretend to fight a "Kraken" and were making slashing noises with their mouths. It was so adorable how much we love playing with each other. I then hear someone breathing down my neck.

"Cameron!" A familiar voice yelled.

I immediately turned around. I need to find him, to have my angel back in my arms. I need him more than ever. I ran around the forest trying to find the person that screamed my name. I need time and I need it now. Once again, I was confused on to where I was going, even though this is a familiar place. Then I saw something that was not familiar, the woods cut off into darkness. I slowly walk towards the darkness, stuck my hand in, and it felt cold like winter.

I backed up a little then hearing the echoing laughter. I turn around and I see a man that looked like a zombie. His skin was blue like the murky ocean, his hair was black as death, his pants were all worn out and torn up, but he had no shirt on so I could see his ribs.

"How precious that Cameron finally decides to be the hero other than the coward he is," he said chucking.

"Where. is. Nash?" I asked clenching my fists.

"A place where you will never find him," He said grinning.

"You ungrateful, no good, heartless--" I said before being cut off.

"Oh Cameron, your mortal words do not cut through me like they do to you," he said walking closer,"Is that what you and Nash wanted, to hide from the hate?"

"Leave him out of this!" I yelled in his face,"Or I will--"

"You will what, hurt me, oh please you are too weak," he snarled,"Besides, you are too broken to do any damage to me."

I stood there in silence and looked down at the leaves. He snapped his fingers and my head sprung up. He giggles at my expression and starts circling around me like a shark circling around his prey. He then stops in front of me and I look straight in his black eyes. I could of swore I saw death as I gaze into the portals to his soul or if he had one.

"Give him to me, now!" I yelled as I hear the echo.

He smiled at me and started to hum to himself. He check his watch which was not working and looked at the darkness. He was walking right at me and then through me. I was frightened by this and backed away from him. He turned around and took off his head, which made my mouth drop. He tossed up, caught it, and repeated this motion. He put his head back on and stepped into the cold darkness until I see only his head.

"Oh Cameron, soon you will know why," he said grinning once more,"So beautiful yet so oblivious to all of this."

I will find you, Nash, one way or another, I promise you that.