One Second

Songs:
Adam Lambert-If I Had You
Nick Jonas- Give Love a Try
Adam Lambert- Never Close Our Eyes

Previously...

Adams P.O.V:

We both opened our eyes and looked at each other. He still had that glint of fear in his eyes. I grabbed his forearm. He flinched and I let go, knowing why.

I looked him straight in the eye.

"I'll protect you."

Now...

Tommy's P.O.V:

What Adam said... Was it really true? I've never really trusted anyone besides Lisa. Nobody cares about me. No one gives a shit. Why does he? Why should he? I lay here looking down at my hands as Adam stares at me for a response.

"I..." I start. How can I tell him that I don't know really trust him? If I can really believe him? I don't know. I just don't know. There's no real point in lying to him.

"I just don't know, Adam." I think of Steve. Of how he pushed me around, tortured me, almost raped me once, and threatened me. What if Adam does the same thing? Jesus, Tommy, he's asking you to trust him. Not to be his boyfriend.

I stopped thinking, remembering what Adam can do. I take a deep breath. I look at Adam. His eyes were begging me to give in. Begging me to trust him. He inches closer. "Please let me help you."

I take another deep breath. "Okay. I'm trusting you. But the second you betray my trust, I'm leaving you behind and out of my life." He looked taken aback but relieved. I didn't mean for it to sound harsh. But it is what it is.

Then I heard the doorknob jiggle. The door creaked open and I can see the black tips of a familiar teal haired girl coming in. The brown haired girl that I saw was there too. Rose smiles when she sees us. "Hey, guys. I'm Rose, by the way." She grabs a chair by me and sits on the other side of the bed.

The brown haired girl also smiled, showing her light blue braces. She sat at the end of the bed. "I'm Ashley. Just call me Ash, if you prefer." I nodded as I feel everyone's eyes on me.

"Tommy." I hesitantly smile at them. I look down at my hands, feeling like an outcast. The weird thing is, in a way, we're all outcasts. "So how you feeling, Tommy?" Ashley asks. "I'm... Okay." I'm really not.

I can basically feel Adam frown next to me. Ashley frowns at me. "Hon, ya don't seem like it..." She stares me up and down. I suddenly felt very self conscious. Do I really look that bad?

You look fine.

I jump a little, hopefully not too noticeable.

Don't do that! You scared the shit out of me.

He smirked at me.

Then stop thinking like that.