Talent Show Pt. 2

Hey, guys! Here's part Two!

Tommy's P.O.V:

I stood backstage of the auditorium, freaking out. What if Adam doesn't like the song? I mean, I asked Ashley to help me and she's in poetry club but I'm still scared.

I plugged in my headphones and waited for my name to be called.

It is late it's almost 11..

Why don't we go for a drink?

How about if we go upstairs to my place?

Just One Night and Maybe Goodbye

Don't you tell me that you're really not the kind of girl..

And you know it won't be me to change the things you want..

Anyway, believe it or not, just don't you ask me why

Its been written that tonight is our night

Just One Night and Maybe Goodbye

But you won't regret it at all

So, show me right now what you've got...

I listen to the calming music before I hear my name being called. Here we go. I pause my music and get up, grabbing my guitar (Btw, the song is "One Night and Maybe Goodbye" by Eiffel 65!).

I went up to the stage, my slight anxiety kicking in. I look into the crowd and see that Adam isn't there. I frown deeply. But then I see him at the sideline, smiling at me. His smile motivated me.

"Hi, I'm Tommy Joe Ratliff and this is a song for... A special someone. I wanted to show them how much I love them and how much I care about them." My heart rate slows a bit when I hear 'aww's and clapping.

I sit on a stool in the middle of the stage and position my fingers on the frets and guitar on lap. I rub my shining black pick for good luck. I took a deep breath and look at Adams eyes again, playing without looking.

(Endlessly by The Cab)

I started to sing, afraid that my singing won't be as good as my guitar playing.

Tears were pricking my eyes by the end of the song and a tear slipped from my eyes. I looked back at Adam, seeing his crystal blue eyes glossy from the forming tears.

My love for him was expressed through the whole song, the truth spilling with every word I sang. Screw the speech. That song told him everything that I wanted him to know and he understood. That's what I love about him. He understands.