Chapter 114.

My alarm shrieks through the room and my head immediately begins to pound. When I try to sit up I am weighed down by something...someone. Oh no. I snap my eyes open to find the familiar tattooed skin of Hardin sprawled across me. He has his head on my stomach and his arm wrapped around me. Oh my god. What the hell?!

I try to push him off without waking him but he groans and slowly opens his eyes. He closes them again and lifts himself off of me, untangling our legs. When he opens his eyes again he doesn't say anything, he just watches me like I am some sort of predatory animal. The image of Hardin thrusting into me relentlessly and me calling out his name play through my thoughts. What the hell was I thinking?

I want to say something but honestly, I have no idea what to say. I am freaking out inside, having a total meltdown. As if he senses my struggle he climbs off the bed, taking the sheet with him to wrap around his naked body. Oh my god. He sits in the chair and looks up at me standing by the bed, dressed in only a bra.

"Say something." He instructs.

"I.. I don't know what to say." I admit. I can't believe this happened, I can't believe Hardin is here in Seattle. In my bed, naked.

"I'm sorry." He says and his head falls into his hands.

My head is pounding from the excessive alcohol I consumed only hours ago and the fact that I slept with Hardin last night.

"You should be." I say and he tugs at his hair.

"You called me."

"I didn't tell you to come here." I say, I haven't decided how to handle this. I haven't decided if I want to fight with him, to kick him out or try to handle this like an adult.

"You were drunk and I thought you were in trouble or something, and Trevor is here." His voice travels with me as I walk into the bathroom.

I turn the shower on and look into the mirror. On my neck is a deep red bruise. Freaking hell. As my fingers run over the sensitive mark, my mind travels to Hardin's tongue on my skin. I must still be a little intoxicated because I can't think straight. I thought I was moving on and here he is in my room and here I am with a massive hickey on my neck like some wild teenager.

"Tessa?" He says and enters the bathroom as I step into the hot water.

I stay quiet as the scolding water rinses off my sins.

"Are you... are you okay with what happened last night?" His voice cracks.

Why is he acting so weird? I had expected a cocky smirk and at least five snarky remarks the second his eyes opened.

"I.. I don't know. No, I am not okay with it." I tell him.

"Do you hate me.. you know even more than before?"

The vulnerability laced through his voice tugs at my heart but I need to stand my ground. Everything about this situation is a mess, I had just started to get over him. No you didn't. My subconscious mocks but I ignore her.

"No, it's about the same." I tell him.

"Oh." He says and I rinse my hair one last time before turning the water off.

"I didn't mean to take advantage of you, I swear it." He says. I grab a towel off of the small rack and wrap it around my body. He is leaning in the doorway in only his boxers, his chest and neck littered with red spots, just like my neck. I am never drinking again.

"Tessa, stop ignoring me. I know you're probably pissed off but we have a lot to talk about."

"No we don't. I was drunk and called you, you came here and we had sex. What else is there to talk about?" I am trying to stay as calm as I can. I don't want him to know the effect that he has on me. That last night had on me.