Chapter 122.

I decided to do a double update today, this chapter is shorter than usual but its the second one for today so please don't complain that it is short:)

For those of you asking about the playlist I have for writing here it is:

Hundred- The Fray

She is- The Fray

How to save a life- The Fray

Dead Wrong- The Fray

In my Veins- Andrew Belle

Make it without you- Andrew Belle

A drop on the ocean- Ron Pope

Poison and Wine- The Civil Wars

Heartbreak Warfare- John Mayer

Assassin- John Mayer

Breath Again- Sara Bareillis

Never let me go- Florence and the Machine

Blood Bank- Bon Iver

I can't make you love me- Bon Iver

Shelter- Birdy

Holding on and letting go- Ross Copperman

I should go- Levi Kreis

Losing your memory- Ryan Star

Don't leave her- Chris Young

Give me Love- Ed Sheeran

Kiss me- Ed Sheeran

This- Ed Sheeran

Almost Lover- A Fine Frenzy

Ashes and Wine- A Fine Frenzy

Clarity (Acoustic Version)- Zedd

In Case- Demi Lovato

Cold as You- Taylor Swift

Beautiful Disaster-Kelly Clarkson

Stay- Safety Suit

The mess I made- Parachute

Don't let me Go - Hardin<3

I think that's it, I have a few random country songs I throw in sometimes but these are my go to's. Some more than others. Now onto the story :)

.....................................................................

Hardin's POV.

Holding her for the first time in what seems like a lifetime is better than I could begin to describe in my mind. I physically felt the relief flood through me when she ran into my arms, I never expected that to happen. She has been so distant, so cold lately. I don't blame her but fuck if it doesn't hurt.

"Are you okay?" I ask her against her hair.

She shakes her head up and down against my chest but continues to cry. I know she isn't okay. Her mother probably said some shit to her that she shouldn't have. I knew this would happen and honestly, I am glad for whatever she did. Not because she hurt Tessa, but because it caused her to run to me for comfort.

"Let's go inside." I tell her and she nods but doesn't let go of me.

I force myself to take my arms from her and walk us both inside. Her beautiful face is marked with black streaks and her eyes and lips are swollen. I hope she didn't cry the whole drive.

I pull my sweatshirt off as soon as we step into the lobby I pull my sweatshirt over my head and hand it to her. It's wet from the snow but warmer than her wearing only that dress. That dress. I would normally go into fantasizing about peeling the thin fabric off of her but not today, not while she is like this.