Chapter 166.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He shouts.

"You know exactly what it means. You don't see us having a future."

"Who said that?"

This is going to be the longest car ride of my entire life.

"You did." I stay calm.

I need to stand up for myself and not let him railroad me.

He looks confused for a second then recovers.

"I heard what you said to Smith, about never wanting to marry me."

"Fuck, of course you did." He sighs.

I stay quiet.

"You already know how I feel about this, I have told you multiple times so why is it that you can't seem to grasp the concept?"

"I just want to know what exactly you see happening between us then?"

"I don't know Tessa, whatever happens will happen."

"That isn't good enough for me." I tell him.

At least we are not yelling anymore.

"Well it has to be because that is what you are getting." He raises his voice.

We weren't yelling...

"You always do this! You say something like that and expect me to just take it and move on. This is my future too, and if there isn't one with you then I need to know now before I waste anymore time with you!" I yell.

"Waste your time? If anyone is wasting their time it's me!" He shouts back as he parks the car.

The second he does, I get out of the car not even waiting for him to turn the ignition off. I hear his boots hitting the concrete after he slams the car door.

"How are you say you are wasting your time!" I turn around.

"Well you certainly aren't! You are just causing problems when there isn't one." He says and we both walk inside the lobby.

Thank goodness the lobby is empty, the last thing we need is an audience.

"I'm not causing a problem, I am trying to talk about our future with you and you think you can just shut it down and not talk about it."

"You think just because you are drunk you can talk to me like that?" He presses the button on the elevator after we step inside.

"I will talk to you anyway that I see fit, just like you do to me." I snap.

I wish I could stand up to him like this when I was sober.

"The dicsussion is over." He walks out of the elevator and I follow him down the hall.

I wait until we get inside to speak again.

"No, it's not. I need to know what you see for us a year from now.. five years from now?"

"I don't know Tess! I haven't thought about it."

Ouch.

"At all?"

"No, I mean sort of. I was thinking the other day that we should go to England soon, but that's about as far in the future as I can go."

"So you are telling me that you have never, not even once thought about our future together, or marriage?"

"What the hell is up with you wanting to talk about marriage all the damn time? Your'e nineteen for god's sake, it's a little suffocating!" He shouts and my stomach turns.