Fall-out

"The fact that a 'Ghast' is in the Nether is just setting us up for disaster." Sam said.

Steve felt like the desert air was getting drier.

"Hard or not, we need that cure." Steve said.

"We could've looked in that cave we were at earlier." Daniel mentioned.

"Should we turn back?" Sam asked.

"No. It's too late, now. The next cave we find will have to be the one."

"So, through the scorching heat into more of the unknown?" Brittany asked.

"Yup."

"Great."

They crossed the biome boundary into the desert. Feeling the oncoming wave of heat, Daniel pulled out some water and drank it. The sand crunched under their feet as they passed by random cactuses and dead bushes.

"Gee." Sam started to say. "Remember when we had rides through the desert last time?"

"Yeah. That golem wasn't to bad, now that I think about it."

"Golem? You two saw a golem?" Brittany asked.

"Yeah, totally!" Sam explained. "We found him trapped in an underground dungeon, and we freed him."

"After that, he returned the favor and helped us." Steve said.

"What happened to him?" Daniel asked.

"Oh, he's alright. We told him to stay back at the village."

"You seem to talk a lot about the village." Brittany mentioned. "Did you live there?"

"No." Steve had a sad look in his eyes. "I had another home, before the Invasion started. It was in a valley, with a waterfall and a river. There was a large forest in it, too. I built a garden in the front, and I made the house pretty big. Then Sam came, and we thought we could defend it, but..." His voice faltered.

"I'm sorry." Daniel said.

"We'll make Ender pay." Sam said, putting a hand on Steve's shoulder.

"Hey, what's that?" Brittany asked, looking in the distance. The others looked and saw it, too.

"I don't know. It's pretty small." Sam said.

"Let's check it out." Steve said. As they got closer, they could see that the small structure was made out of sandstone.

"I've heard of desert temples. Could that be one?" Brittany asked.

"I dunno. That seems pretty small for a temple." Daniel said.

"Wait, stop." Steve said, holding up his arms.

"What is it?" Sam asked.

"I don't know." He replied. He didn't know how, but he sensed something was off. Something wasn't right. "Something's off about this."

"I don't see anything." Daniel said.

"That might be why. I can't see it, but it's here." Steve said.

"What is 'it'?" Sam asked.

"Look, I said I don't know, alright?" Steve snapped at Sam. He went quiet after the comment. "Walk slowly."

They did, carefully stepping across the sand with ease, unsure of what would happen. After ten blocks, nothing happened.

"I think we're safe." Daniel said.

That was when the ground started to shake.

"Okay, maybe I was wrong." Daniel said in a small voice.