One Way Out

"Notch!" Sam said, replacing his pickax with his sword. Brittany did the same.

"You think we can get through them all?" She asked him.

He thought for a moment.

"Steve! Daniel!" He called out. "Rapid fire!"

Sam charged and tackled a zombie far ahead of the others.

"Notch." She muttered under her breath and charged behind him.

She felt an arrow zip by as the zombie to her left fell and disappeared. She looked up and saw Daniel notch another arrow. She swung her sword into a zombie and stabbed it. She pushed it off of her sword, and several of the others fell behind it. Another arrow resulted in a dead zombie.

"We're not thinning them out fast enough!" Steve said loudly.

She kept swinging, but she could see what he meant. Every time she took one down, two more took its place. From out of the corner of her eye, she saw a glint of red.

She knew what she had to do.

"Sam, can you give me thirty seconds?" She asked.

He sliced through another zombie and looked at her. Sweat was dripping down his face, and he was panting hard.

"Yeah, I think so."

She dashed to the red colored ore and quickly mined it. Plenty of pieces of redstone fell from the blocks. She picked them up and started placing it on the ground in a trail. An unexpected arrow hit the ground next to her.

"Hey!" She called out with a frown.

"Sorry!" She heard Steve say.

She finished the trail to the edge of the zombies, which were now all focused on Sam. She looked up and, with horror, saw him getting constantly beat by them, but he kept swinging.

"Hang in there, Sam!"

"I hope you know what you're doing!"

"I hope so too." She said quietly.

She placed three TNT blocks and ran back to the other edge of the trail. She put a crafting table down and made a lever. She put it down at the end where the redstone connected to it. She picked up her crafting table.

"Come--" She said with a yelp as an arrow hit her armor. She turned to see a skeleton aiming another arrow at her. She didn't have time to avoid the second arrow as it pierced her armor. The impact pushed her back enough to flick the lever with her foot.

"Sam, now!" She screamed as loud as she could. She quickly swiped at the skeleton and turned to see Sam diving into her, causing them both to tumble away from the oncoming horde.

The TNT exploded.

~~~

Steve and Daniel coughed as the dust flew up in their faces.

"Brittany!" Daniel coughed some more.

"We'll have to *cough* get to them!" Steve said.

He jumped down and rolled. Daniel tried, but fell flat. Ignoring the pain, he followed Steve through the dark. Within moments, they could hear coughing. Steve pulled out a torch, illuminating the cave. They saw Sam and Brittany in a tangle on the floor.

"Oh, get off me, you big lug." Brittany said, pushing Sam off of her.

"Guys, you're alright!" Daniel said happily.

"Never better." Sam mumbled and wiped dust off of himself.

"What happened here?" Brittany asked.