Escaped

Steve gulped down another bottle of water as he walked across the platform. He put the bottle away and grabbed his bow as he saw mobs appear in sight. He notched an arrow and carefully aimed at a skeleton. He let it fly, and it made its mark. The knock back from it knocked the skeleton off into the lava lake below. He saw another skeleton and also shot it off. His shooting, however, attracted the other mobs' attention. A wither skeleton gripped its sword tightly as it walked closer to Steve.

He shot arrow after arrow into it, but merely deflected them using its stone sword, which Steve couldn't believe they could fight that well with them. When it got close, Steve grabbed his diamond sword, ready to deflect. The skeleton held its sword up, copying Steve's stance. Whenever Steve shifted, the skeleton did the same. He smirked. He's watching me.

"Hey, what's that?" He said, pointing his sword behind the skeleton.

As simple as it was, the skeleton looked back. Steve took the short opportunity and came down hard with his sword onto the stone sword. It cracked under the pressure, but refused to break when the skeleton was knocked back. It regained its footing and charged him, swinging the sword in an arc with both hands to his side, which he backed up slightly to evade. He came up with his sword to stab at the skeletons ribs, which damaged it.

It only frowned at him and jabbed at Steve. He couldn't block this time, and the stone sword hit him in the center of his armor, luckily, not piercing it. The sudden impact knocked him off guard, and he wasn't ready for the next hit, which knocked him to the side. He fell against the side of the walkway, but moved quickly to the side, where the skeleton landed its next blow, missing him completely. Steve came back around and striked it in the head.

It became dazed as it took a few steps back. Steve lunged at it and knocked it down hard, plowing his sword straight through it. It collapsed and died, leaving a strange object behind. Steve picked it up and examined it closely. It was a wither skull.

"Huh." He said.

He felt small projectiles of heat fly by, and looked up to see two blazes flying right for him.

"Uh-oh."

He slipped the wither skull into his pocket and pulled out his bow. He aimed at one of the blazes, but it simply dodged the arrow. He aimed at the other one, which did the same.

"Oh, please don't be like this." He pleaded.

He loosed another arrow at one of them. It still dodged.

"Right." He said, getting his sword out once more.

The blazes stayed back a few blocks away. One of them lit on fire, and Steve knew what was coming. Quickly, he dodged the incoming projectiles, but slipped when the other one fired right after. Steve felt one make its mark in his leg, and yelped in shock. Limping, he got close to one and sliced it until it dropped to the lava below.

The other one started to light up, but he was able to knock it back far enough to miss. He started limping down the walkway, away from the blaze. As he got closer to the intersection, he could see several skeletons litter the walkway. He tried to back up, but was bombarded with more fireballs from behind, and shouted in surprise. The mobs took notice and moved in his direction. Skeletons shot arrows toward him, and blazes started becoming aflame. He looked back to see the other blaze.

He frantically pulled out a stack of cobblestone and built a small fort with walls and a roof. It wasn't big, but the simple mobs couldn't tell he was there anymore. Only a couple of wither skeletons and some blazes knew, but it was still too many.

He was trapped.

~~~

"Hey, ugly!" Sam called out from behind the bars to Borricks.