Betrayed

"Hello, Steve." Frank said.

"Frank?"

He walked up to Steve, hands behind his back. He chuckled an evil chuckle.

"It's about time you slipped."

"What in the Nether is going on here, Frank?" Steve moved closer to him, but one of the wither skeletons grabbed his bonded hands. He could feel the wither travel up his arm.

"No, let him go. He can do no harm." Frank said.

Steve sighed when he felt the wither retreat from his hands. Frank leaned in to Steve's face. He smiled.

"You've been betrayed."

"What?"

He leaned back up and turned.

"Betrayed, treasoned, back-stabbed. Need I continue?"

"I mean, why? Why would you do this? I thought you were our friend!"

He turned back around.

"I am nobody's friend. Not anymore. I figured you would realize, or even suspect, that something was off, but maybe I expected too much of you."

Steve felt stung.

"I always suspected, but I had no idea."

"Oh. Maybe you're not as dumb as you look."

Steve clenched his blocky hands.

"You still have yet to answer my question."

Frank narrowed his eyes at Steve.

"Borricks!"

"Yes, my lord." The large wither skeleton said, walking up next to Steve.

"Take him to my Nether chamber. I'll deal with him personally."

"Yes, of course, my lord."

He hit Steve in the back hard, causing him to kneel.

"Move it! Now!" Borricks yelled in Steve's ear.

Struggling go get up, he was pulled up by Borricks onto his feet. He was pushed along harshly to the right walkway. Frank followed. Steve could see a large room at the end of it, not too far from where they just were. Two blaze watched on either side of the doorway. They eyed him suspiciously as they walked through. The room itself was really big. It had a cage set up in one corner, which was fairly large for just one person. On the other side sat a throne made of netherrack. Borricks put down a button next to the iron door and pressed it. When it opened, he thrusted Steve inside before it shut back in place. He stood up, sweating and legs shaky.

"That will be all for now, Borricks. You are dismissed."

"Yes, my lord."

He walked out of the doorway, Steve couldn't see him after that. Frank sighed and threw himself down on his throne.

"Ah, it's hard work being a villain."

Steve only looked at him.

"I mean, look at this place. Hot, dry, hot. Did I forget to mention 'hot'? I'd rather it be cold. Purple skies. Tall pillars with one of the glowing crystals. Beautiful."

Steve raised an eyebrow, which Frank caught.

"I'm talking about the End."

Steve only looked away, but took note of his description.

"Oh, you would only know if you have been there yourself. It's quiet, peaceful. No one to disturb you."

"You mean, where you almost died?" Steve finally broke his silence.