Chapter 1: Almeta Oka

There are still days where Anakin wakes up, drenched in sweat from the same bad dream that he believed would haunt him forever.
Padmé was killed, during child birth.

And her child didn't make it.

As Anakin woke himself up, he wiped away the sweat off of his forehead.

He pressed the metal fingers of his prosthetic hand to his face, letting it cool his burning skin. He ran a hand through his hair before standing up, pulling his robe over his trembling body.

Anakin found myself walking out onto the balcony; just like Padmé would. He stared at the dim light of Coruscant, gazing at the speeders that went by.

His head throbbed due to lack of sleep, and this was why. He missed Padmé. He knew he had to let her go, but couldn't.

He was also stressed at the fact that here was a new Jedi joining the council. She wasn't a Master yet, and that was his objective.

He had to teach her the ways of becoming a Jedi Master.

Anakin knew there was no chance of falling back asleep, so he sat on the sofa, rubbing his temples.

Is this her way of telling me she missed me too? Keeping me up at night, or is it just myself not letting go?

He did want to, but frankly, it scared him. The darkness Anakin went through that got her get killed will haunt him until his soul is free.

-

Almeta's cloak blew behind her as she headed up the stairs of the Republic Executive Building.
She felt a sudden chill rush down her spine as she came face-to-face with Mace Windu, one of the greatest Jedi Masters.

"Young Oka, it's a pleasure."
"Same to you, Master Windu." Was this really happening?
"Join us, we're going to explain the Jedi Order to you, and introduce you to your Master."

Almeta grew anxious. Although it wasn't the Jedi way to show emotions, she guessed she was still learning, of course.

She had her hands wrapped around the belt of her tunic, her hands beginning to feel sweaty.

"Young Oka, this is Master Yoda."
Almeta looked down at the short creature, sending him a smile as he reached for my hand. "It's nice to meet you, Master."

"Young one, you are." He said, clutching his brown cane. "Skywalker's age, she is."
"Take a seat, Almeta."

Almeta sat on a soft cushioned seat, folding her hands. Her heart was racing now, anxiety rushing through her body.

Who's my Master? What if they don't like me? When do I get a lightsaber? When is my first mission?

She snapped out of her thoughts as someone walked in. The man was dressed in a light colored tunic, with almost copper colored hair and facial hair.

"Almeta, this is Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. Almeta is Anakin's padawan."

Who's Anakin? She thought. She hoped he taught her well.

Master Obi-Wan smiled as he shook her hand. "It's a pleasure, Almeta. Anakin happens to be moments away."

"You too, Master. Thank you."

Almeta looked up as the door opened widely, and a young man walked in. His black tunic was covered with a dark brown cape, a belt around his slim waist.

"Forgive me, Master. I was running behind."
His voice was light, with a dark edge.

His eyes flickered to Almeta's, and she stiffened. His bright blue eyes scanned her over, a wave of protection radiating off of him.

"Young Skywalker, meet your padawan, Almeta Oka."

The man walked towards her, lifting her hand in his. He shook it gently before releasing it. "It's a great pleasure, Almeta."

"Thank you, Master." She said, feeling her throat become dry. The scar on the side of his face in her point of view was attractive.

"You will train her to become a Jedi. Do whatever it takes." Windu demanded. Anakin's eyes met Windu's before turning back to look at Almeta.

"Yes, Master." He said, not meeting Master Windu's gaze.
"You're dismissed."