Chapter 13

After a week of rest, Anakin and Almeta headed back to Naboo to send Luke and Leia back to Padmé.

She buckled Luke in as Anakin had Leia.
"Master Windu has asked for us to head down to Otoh Gunga to make sure Jar Jar is there safe." Anakin said, sitting as the ship took off.

"It won't take long."
Almeta hummed. "An under-water world, how interesting."
He sent her a grin before buckling up himself.

-

Naboo was the same, beautiful planet they had been on before as they hurried off of the ship.

Padmé waited outside of the palace with a smile on her face as Luke and Leia ran to her, wrapping their arms around her.

"I've missed you two." She whispered to them. Almeta stood next to Anakin, feeling his hand rub her back before stepping forward.

"You two, do not leave this Palace without permission from your mother. It isn't safe." Anakin told them.

The children nodded before running to Anakin and hugging him tightly. "I love you both." He said in a soft tone.

Almeta leaned down and hugged them as their arms wrapped around her legs. She kissed their heads as they ran back to Padmé.
"We'll see you soon." She promised them.

-

As they arrived to Lake Paonga on a small boat, Anakin and Almeta placed their breathers in their mouths before diving into the water.

Swimming through the clear open water, Almeta followed Anakin as they headed farther down. As she squinted her eyes, she could see faint lights in a blur. That's when she finally saw Otoh Gunga.

The bubble huts were edged with beautiful lights, and Almeta watched as Gungan walked inside.
As they reached the buildings, Almeta pulled the breather out of her mouth and pushed her hair out of my face before following Anakin.

As they seen a Gungan, they stopped. "Excuse me, is Jar Jar here?" Anakin asked.

The creature pointed down the long corridor before walking off. Almeta hurried and followed Anakin.

As they entered a room, Almeta spotted the same, tall figure. His large ears swung as he turned his head, and he gasped.

"Essa mister Ani!" He shouted, running towards the two.
"Jar Jar, we came to make sure you arrived safely." He told him.
"Wellsa thank yous mister Ani, missa Almeta!"

Almeta smiled. "It was a pleasure, Jar Jar."
"Isa Emperor captured?"
"I'm afraid not." Anakin frowned.
"But we'll find him." Almeta added, watching Anakin nod.

"We'd better get going. We'll see you soon, Jar Jar." Anakin said, gently patting the creatures shoulder.
"Goodbyesa mister Ani!" He said.

-

As they left Naboo, Almeta sat on the ship with her eyes closed, focusing on the soft vibration as they flew.

That was until she felt a presence in front of her. She opened her eyes to see Anakin kneeling in front of her, his eyes scanning her in admiration.

"Didn't mean to disturb you." He said sweetly.
She shrugged. "I don't mind."
"You are just so beautiful." He whispered, stroking her face with his hand.

She grabbed his hands before pulling him closer until their foreheads were touching. She let out a low breath, closing his eyes.

"We have everything to ourselves, now. We don't have to worry for another few days or weeks, and we have each other and Aubrianna." Almeta said, watching him smile as she opened her eyes again.

"You don't know how incredible that sounds to me." He said, squeezing her hands. "I wish we could ignore our responsibilities forever."

"One day, we won't have to worry about if we're going to be safe. All of this will be over; we'll be at peace." She whispered, smiling at the thought.
"I can't wait."

She kissed him slowly before holding his face in her hands. "Tell me something."
"What?" He asked.
"Never, cut your hair." She said, her fingers tangling in his locks.

She watched as he threw his head back, laughing.
"Yes, Milady."

She shrieked as he grabbed her waist, lifting her into his arms. She wrapped her arms and legs around him before kissing him once more.