Chapter 29: What If

Get ready fam there's some feels coming up :))

Almeta stood beside Master Yoda as he taught the first class of the younglings. Almeta smiled as they all performed the move Yoda had demanded, mirroring him.

"Amazing." She whispered.
"Smart, they are."

The younglings shut their lightsabers off, and removed their protective helmets.

"Master Yoda, how do you fight if you're so small?" One youngling said, making Almeta giggle.
"Judge me by my size, do you? As well you should not."

They all giggled as Yoda put away his lightsaber.

"Young Padawan, Almeta is." He said, clutching his cane. "Taught by Master Skywalker himself."
"Master Skywalker!" A young boy said, grinning.

The doors opened, and Luke and Leia walked inside, Padmé behind them.
"Luke and Leia, hmm." Yoda said as they walked up to him.

"I want to be a Jedi!" Luke said as he jumped, Leia standing there shyly. She had Anakin's smile, which made Almeta smile.

"One day, you will." Yoda promised the small child. "One day."
"Master Yoda, do you mind if I watch todays training?"
"Mmhm." He nodded.

Almeta took a seat as they all gathered around Master Yoda again.

Padmé looked over at her before kissing Luke and Leia's heads. "I will be here later."
As she left, the two twins waved at Almeta, and she smiled.

-

Almeta watched as each of the younglings used their miniature lightsabers. With protective gear and helmets, they were safe.

Luke surprised Almeta out of all of them. It seemed as if he already knew what he was doing; he did everything like Anakin.

Leia was more of a shooter, although she loves the lightsaber. She 'ooh'ed the blue ones, and whispered to Luke so no one heard, that she felt like her daddy.

"Over, class is." Yoda announced. The younglings stood up before telling Yoda goodbye.

"These children are extraordinary, Master."
"Indeed, they are. Great Jedi, they will be."
Luke and Leia sat on the floor, playing together. "You go ahead, Master. Padmé will be here soon." She told him.

He hummed before exiting the room, and Almeta stood up.

 -

After Padmé picked Luke and Leia up from the Temple, Almeta made her way to Anakin's apartment. She could sense that he seemed calm, and relaxed.
As she knocked on the door, he opened it with a smile on his face.

Almeta let out a sigh of relief as he wrapped his arms around her tightly, spinning her around. She pressed her lips to his as she held his face in her hands.

"I've missed you." He whispered.
"I'm here now." She said, pressing her forehead to his.

He grabbed her hands before pulling the girl to the cushioned sofa of the Veranda. "How was Luke and Leia?" He asked, placing his hands on her waist.

"Luke is just like his father." She said as he pulled her into his lap.
He hummed as he rested his chin on her shoulder. "That's interesting."
"Leia likes the lightsabers, but she's more interested in blasters."
He chuckled. "Of course."

Almeta smiled as she ran her fingers through his long hair. "He's going to become just like you, Anakin." 

He stood up, sighing. "That terrifies me."
She frowned as he faced the Coruscant sky, placing his hands on the balcony. "Why?" 

"Look at me, Almeta. The Dark Side was a part of me. What if it still is? I can't do that again."
Almeta shushed him as she grabbed his face, stroking his cheek. "You're just worrying, don't worry. You went trough dark times to get to that point, Anakin."

His blue eyes met hers as he relaxed at her touch. He placed his hands on her face.
"It's gotten to the point where I don't care if they know we're together anymore."

He began to kiss her once she pressed her hands to his chest. "Don't say that, Anakin. I know how bad you want this position on the council."
"I don't like hiding our relationship."

Almeta smiled as she pulled him closer. "I would rather be with you and nobody know then not be with you at all."

He blinked a few times before smiling.
"I have this idea in my head, I've been thinking about for days, Al." He whispered.

"What is it?" She asked.

He grabbed her face again. "Marry me."
Almeta froze. "M-Marry you?"

"I love you, Almeta. If we want to be together, then we should be married. This is what I want, and I can feel deep down this is what you want, too."

"B-But what if they find out? We - We'll be suspended from the Jedi -"

He chuckled and pressed his finger to her lips, like he did months ago. "Don't worry about that. Just as long as we're together."

Almeta grabbed the chest area of his tunic as he pulled her in closer. "I'll marry you."

He smiled. "You will?"

She nodded, beginning to laugh in excitement. "Yes."

Almeta released a high-pitched laugh as he lifted her in his arms, kissing her slowly. After setting her on her feet again, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Almeta Oka," he whispered. "I love you with my very heart and soul."

Almeta smiled. "I love you, Anakin."