Chapter 23: Luke and Leia

Anakin stood beside Obi-Wan as they watched Yoda clear out the training chamber. The young kids headed home, and Yoda soon left.

"You mean to tell me Senator Amidala is alive?" Obi-Wan asked.
"That's exactly what I'm saying." Anakin muttered.
He sighed.

"There's a new update on Count Dooku. Our move will be soon."
He nodded. "Great, this will be the last time, I hope."

Almeta walked in, smiling and Obi-Wan.

"Good morning, Master."
"Good morning, Almeta. Excuse me, I will be going."

Anakin shook his hand and watched him leave.
Almeta stood with her back to Anakin as she admired the miniature lightsabers that hung on the wall.

"Including younglings in the Jedi world is the best experience for them." She whispered.
Anakin placed his hand to the small of her back as she spoke. "I can't help but wonder if Luke would be interested."

She smiled. "He'd be a great Jedi."
He kissed her cheek before turning around. Padmé walked in shortly after, with Luke and Leia.

"Almeta, meet Luke and Leia."
He grabbed their hands and walked them to Almeta as she stood.
She leaned down to join their height, and he smiled.

"Nice to meet you two. You're father has told me a lot about your family."

Leia reached in to hug Almeta, and she smiled.
Standing back straight, her and Padmé looked at each other.

"We haven't officially met," Almeta said. "I'm Almeta Oka."

Almeta stretched out her hand for Padmé, and she shook hesitantly. "Padmé Amidala."

"It's nice to meet you, Senator Amidala."

To break the awkward tension, Anakin lifted Luke up and walked over to the miniature lightsabers that hung from the wall. "Your mother told me you want to become a Jedi."

"I want to be like you." He said.
He smiled. "You will be just like me, but so much better. I can feel it."

Anakin grabbed a green lightsaber, and placed the hilt in his hand.

"Be careful, these hurt." He grinned.

As he turned it on, his eyes widened in excitement as the green light formed.
"Why do you have a fake hand daddy?" Leia suddenly asked, squeezing herself to stand in between Anakin's legs.

Anakin looked down at the prosthetic hand. "Like I said, Lightsabers hurt."
"That was from a lightsaber?" Luke asked.
He nodded. "And Almeta's."

Anakin grabbed Almeta's hand, pulling her towards them. He pulled the glove off of her hand, revealing the substitute hand.
"This was from a lightsaber, too."

"Are you dating my daddy?" Leia asked, her eyes trailing up to Almeta.
She looked at Anakin as if she didn't know what to say.

"We are." Anakin said for her. "But there is a part if me that will always care for your mother. She gave me you two."

They wrapped their arms around Anakin's neck, and he held them tightly.

-

Anakin sat in his Coruscant apartment that night, staring at the ceiling.

"Anakin?"

He sat up to see Almeta standing in the bedroom doorway.

"Yes?"

She looked down, showing that she was nervous. "We've had a long week.. With the new mission soon, and everything with Padmé and the children."

He rested his hands behind my head. "We have."
As she stood, he grabbed her hands in his.
"Come here."

Anakin pulled her into his arms, her presence sending chills down his spine. He closed his eyes as he ran his fingers through her curly hair.

"I'll see you soon, then."
He lifted her face until their eyes were leveled. "Okay."

She stood up, and kissed him before waving goodbye. Anakin watched as she disappeared from the Coruscant Apartment, the room falling dark.