Chapter 19: The Chosen One

Some stuff coming soon y'all :-)
Please continue to vote!

Almeta stood before Master Windu and Ki-Adi Mundi, their eyes on her.

"What you did yesterday to protect yourself was very Jedi-like, Young Almeta."

She bowed slightly. "Thank you, Master Windu. But it wouldn't have happened if I hadn't learned it from Master Skywalker himself."

She felt the heat rise to her cheeks at the mention of his name. They all looked over at Anakin, who stood with Obi-Wan. He looked over at them, smiling politely.

"Young Skywalker has learned a lot from experience. He's the best for this job."
"I agree, Master."

"You also killed Jabba himself. No Jedi I know would have been able to do that." Master Mundi mentioned.
"Thank you, Master."

"Wish Master Kit Fisto was here with us still to meet you. He was a great Jedi."
"Trained him, I did." Master Yoda added.
"I've heard much about him. He was an absolute amazing Jedi."

Mace Windu sat in his chair of the Council's circle. "I've granted you this week for rest, Young Oka. Continue your training with Young Skywalker until further notice."
She nodded. "Thank you, Master."

As Almeta turned around and headed towards the door, she noticed Anakin's blue eyes on hers. She smiled at him before exiting.

-

Almeta stood outside, for Anakin. Nobody was around the outside areas during this time of the day, which left it to them.

She did hate; keeping Anakin and her a secret. But she would rather be with him and nobody know about it then not be with him at all.

As she heard faint footsteps, she turned around to see Anakin walking down the stairs of the Temple. He grinned from ear to ear before jogging towards her, wrapping his arms around her slim waist..
"I'm so proud of you." He whispered, kissing her jaw.

"You taught me all I know, Anakin. You should give yourself some credit." She whispered, pressing her fingers to the scar over his face.

He closed his eyes at her touch before exhaling through his nostrils. "I don't care about getting credit, I care about you becoming the best Jedi."

She shook my head. "That's you."
He laughed quietly, shaking his head. "No."
Almeta rolled her eyes as they pulled away. "Anakin, you're the chosen one! Don't forget that."

He sighed. "I don't feel special."
"You are special, Anakin. You just haven't believed that you are."

He traced his thumb across her bottom lip. "I believe that the other Jedi trust I'm not who I once was, and I still need to show them."

She pressed her forehead to his. "Patience."
He sighed. "You make it sound so easy."

Almeta smiled. "You're the chosen one, Anakin."

The words rolled off of her tongue, and he smiled before kissing her forehead.

Anakin is the chosen one, and that's not all that she'd learned.

"Let's get going, they'll be leaving soon."
The two walked down the pathway, his arm brushing against hers. She looked down at ground as they walked, listening to the faint clicking of their boots.

"Tell me something." She said as they stopped walking.
"What?" He asked.

"What does it feel like? To be a powerful Jedi?"
He chuckled. "I can't really define it. . . It's just truly amazing.. You'll be there soon enough to see for yourself."

Almeta turned so that she was completely facing him. She grabbed his tunic as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Anakin." She began, swallowing the forming lump in her throat.

"What's wrong?" He asked, staring down at her.
She shook her head. "There's nothing wrong. . . I - I just don't know how you'll react to this."
"To what?" He asked, his eyes scanning her face.

Almeta pressed her lips together in a seal before closing her eyes.

"I love you, Anakin."

His body eased at her words, and she opened her eyes.

"You love me?" He asked.
She nodded. "Yes."

"Wow." He whispered, letting out a shaky chuckle.

Almeta moved her hands up to his hair, running her fingers through it.

"I. . . I love you too." He said, smiling widely.
"You do?" She asked.

He nodded quickly, and she laughed as he spun her around.