Chapter 16: Rise of Count Dooku

Almeta settled into the seat of Anakin's speeder as he caught up.

Ever since she received her prosthetic hand, she couldn't help but obsess over it. She never thought she'd end up with one, but look at her now.

Her stitches were finally out, and she was beginning to feel more energetic. Anakin and her were back at training last week.
Anakin walked towards the cock pit, and sat down in his seat.

"I sense something wrong on Tatooine." Almeta admitted.
Anakin looked over at her. "What do you sense?"
"I - I don't know," She confessed. "Just nothing good."

Lifting the Fighter, he sighed.

She stared at his face, frowning. Soft bags formed under his bright eyes, and his eyes were bloodshot. He blinked a few times as he flew the speeder.

"Are you sure you don't want me to fly the speeder?" She asked.
He shook his head. "I'm alright."
She crossed her legs. "Anakin, what's wrong with you? You've been completely secluded from the Jedi for two weeks."

"I'm aright." He repeated himself.
But he wasn't alright. Since the day she was in the Medical Care, he hasn't been right since.
"I won't annoy you, but you can talk to me."
His eyes met her. "I'm alright, Almeta."

She furrowed my brows as he spoke, looking away from him and heard him sigh restlessly.

-

The familiar air of Tatooine was the first thing Almeta felt as they landed. She squinted her eyes to see through the rising sand, walking.

Anakin handed her a thin material to wrap around her face to protect herself from the blowing sand. She muttered a thank you, not wanting him to hear it.

Barely any words were exchanged through the whole flight. She was upset, and so was he.

Walking farther into the desert, dark grey smoke clouded the air fifty feet away.

Almeta froze.

Her eyes focused on the scene, only to be left breathless at the sight of her parents sand den to the ground, everything inside of it burning. 

"No!" She screamed.

She ran through the sand, hearing Anakin behind her. Tears blinded her vision as she fell to the ground; before two skeletons.

"No!" She cried, her chest beginning to ache.

Anakin examined everything before running to her, wrapping his arms around the girl. She sobbed into his chest as he shushed her.

"He - He did this!" Almeta cried, referring to Count. "He did this to me!"
"He'll pay, He'll pay." He promised her.

Almeta looked down at what was left of her parents  before taking a deep breath.
She stood up, and Anakin still held his arms around her. They walked towards the speeder, climbing into it. 

-

Almeta stepped inside of Anakin's apartment before closing the door shut. She looked around for him, and spotted him standing on the balcony of the coruscant apartment.

As she turned around to leave, she stopped when he spoke.
"Don't leave." He whispered.
"I didn't want to disturb you." she said, walking back.
"Your presence is soothing."

She walked to stand next to him, and he wrapped his arms around her tightly.
"I like this," She confessed.
"The feeling is mutual." He said.

He pressed his hands to her lower back before pressing his lips to her forehead. "Obi-Wan knows."
Almeta pulled away enough to look up at him. "You told him?"
"He found out himself..." He told her. 
"If the Jedi Council finds out we're together, they'll -"

He pressed his finger against her lips, grinning faintly as he laughed quietly. "You worry too much, my Padawan."
"Not that you can blame me." 
As he pulled away, he sat on the ledge. "I married Padmé six years ago."

She sat across from him. "Tell me about her, Anakin."

He smiled as he played with a pebble between his fingers. "Her nickname for me ever since I was a child was Ani. Same from my mother."
Almeta smiled.

"She was beautiful. . . You have a slight resemblance to her. . . The hair and eyes."
She looked down as he placed his hand on top of her.

"She also was going to be a mother, and I was going to be a father."
Her eyes widened. "Really?"
He nodded. "They were still inside of her when she was killed. I was told it was too late to save them."

She frowned. "I'm sorry, Anakin."
He looked up at her, smiling. "Your mother and father were proud of you, Almeta."

Almeta pressed her lips together as tears formed. "Padmé was proud of you, too."
He grabbed her prosthetic hand, running his fingers over the wiring. "You know what would make Padmé happier?"
"What?" She asked.

"That I'm moving on. I'm not sad anymore, I'm no longer in pain. Because when I met you, you filled that empty space in my heart."

A/N

Awe snap I gave myself feels. Almakin anyone?
Merry Christmas everyone! I decided to update in case I forget to later. I probably won't, but here's another chapter anyway. :) Please vote and comment!