Chapter 20: Taken By Surprise

Alright, so things in this story are going to get really shocking, fair warning! :o

"I'm here, Ani. I'm here for you. I won't leave you again." Padmé whispered, pressing her hand to Anakin's cheek.

His breathing became unsteady as he looked at her right in the eye; Padmé is alive.

Her cheeks were still the faint red color like they used to be, and her curly brown hair was pinned back.

"This can't be real." Anakin breathed, grabbing the balcony's edge for support. His head began to spin.

"Ani, look at me. I'm right here in front of you."

The door opened, and soft footsteps appeared.
Anakin turned around to see Almeta.
"Anakin?"

Anakin jolted forward in his bed, his eyes widened. He felt himself panting, and his eyes became moist.
He placed his face into his hands before wiping the sweat from his skin.

The boys' mind swirled as he stood onto his feet, and walked slowly to the balcony. His hands gripped the edge as he looked over, becoming nauseous.

It couldn't be true.

Anakin rubbed his temples and squeezed his eyes shut.

"Anakin?"

Anakin turned around quickly to see Almeta walking into his apartment. He leaned against the metal frame, watching her walk towards him.

She raised her hand to his cheek. "What's bothering you? I could feel something from my place." She whispered.

Anakin gritted his teeth in panic as she ran her fingers through his hair; calming him down slightly.

"It was just a dream." He told her, trying to persuade himself.
"What was it about?" She asked.

"It was like the dreams I used to get about my mother and Padme, before they died." He whispered, his voice cracking.

"Padmé was alive. . . She was right here in front of me, and I could feel her in me."
Her eyes met Anakin's in surprise. "She's alive?"

"This doesn't make sense to me! I watched them carry her away and my children were still inside of her!" He yelled, punching the wall. Almeta jumped, but placed her hand to his back.
"It has to be a dream." He croaked.

"How can you be sure? What if it's real?"
Anakin shook his head. "It's just a dream."

Anakin turned around and faced the Coruscant traffic. Tears fell down his face, and Almeta frowned.
"I don't like seeing you like this. . . What can I do?"

Anakin shook his head. "Nothing, I'm alright." 

"No you're not." she whispered.

He turned around to see her standing there, her hands folded. Her eyes were moist as she stared up at him.

"I just need you." He said, nostrils flaring slightly.

He grabbed her hands, and pulled her to his chest. She rested her head against his chest as she pressed her hands to the small of his back.
"You can't ignore this, Anakin."

Anakin closed his eyes as he rested his chin on her head. "I don't want anymore stress."

"But -"

Anakin interrupted her by grabbing her face, and pressing his lips to hers. She smiled against them, and pulled away so they could breathe.
"I love you, Almeta. I have let go of the past."

-

Anonymous POV:

I was lead down the long corridor as I held onto the things that are the most important to me.
"Are you ready to go back to the Coruscant?"

I looked up at the pilot as I strapped myself and the others in.
"It's now or never, right? Anakin isn't a Sith anymore. I can sense the good in him and how stronger it is."
"The Force is strong with Young Skywalker."

I looked up at him once more.
"I've known that since the day I met him."

What are your predictions? Leave a comment below and please keep voting! :)