Chapter 18

So, there are two chapters left of Part 2, and please remember to read the Author's Note at the end of the last chapter, it's important! :)

The next morning was kissing each of the children goodbye, not knowing what to expect as they flew to Mustafar. Obi-Wan seemed quiet as they arrived, and Almeta looked at Anakin.

"What is wrong with him?" Almeta asked quietly.
"I don't know, he hasn't said a word."
She looked around to see that Master Windu wasn't on the ship. "Master Windu isn't here?"
Anakin's eyebrows knitted together.

"Something's wrong."

As the ship landed, they hurried to reach Obi-Wan as he quickly paced off of the ship.
"Master!" Anakin shouted.
Obi-Wan stopped. "Anakin, we don't have time."
"I know something is wrong." He argued.
"We will speak later." He interrupted.

Almeta watched as he hurried into the building.
Padmé, and Bail Organa walked down the pathway with several guards.

"Why is she here?" She asked Anakin.
"I don't know." He said, walking towards them.

"Why are you here and not on Naboo?" Anakin questioned her.
"I knew you all would need any help you can get, Anakin. So that's what I'm doing."

Anakin looked down. "Thank you."
She smiled before turning to speak to the guards. "Take position."
A Jedi Clone ran towards them. "Senator! Darth Sidious' ship has been spotted on the rim!"
Padmé look at Anakin and Almeta. "It's starting."

Anakin turned around to face his wife, and grabbed her hands. "Stay with me."
"Always." She said, watching him smile faintly.

They ran down the pathway and followed Padmé and the guards towards the platform. Clones were stationed all around the building; ready to attack.

Almeta watched as a ship began to lower towards them. Chills ran up her spine as a low hiss filled their ears, seeing the ramp lower.
The ends of a dark cloak is all they could see at first, until he exited completely. The hood covered most of his face, except for the monsterly grin.

Droids surrounded Darth Sidious as he stood feet away from them. She watched as Padmé placed her hand on her blaster.

"Senator Amidala, don't start something you will not finish." The Emperor said to her.
"You won't win!" She shouted.
A loud laugh escaped The Emperor's mouth, causing Almeta to jump.
"You underestimate the power of the dark side."
Almeta's eyes widened as he lifted his hands, his eyes still on Padmé. It was then when electricity bolts left the palms of his hands. "POWER!"

"NO!" Anakin screamed. Almeta watched in shock as Padmé was lifted into the air, crashing down to the ground and hitting her head.
Anakin already had his lightsaber out and had charged towards Sidious. Clones and Droids shot at one another, and Almeta ran to help Anakin.

Her lightsaber clashed with his, the bright red shining on her sweaty skin. She could hear Anakin grunt as he was force pushed across the platform.
"You won't win, Sidious!" Almeta screamed, using every ounce of strength there was in me. His yellow eyes left hers as he pushed her back, and jumped through the air until he was on the building.

Anakin and Almeta jumped to the building, landing in front of him. She brought her lightsaber to block his hit, and Anakin joined. The Emperor moved swiftly between the both of us, and Almeta knew it was going to be complicated.

That's when Obi-Wan appeared, and Almeta began to have hope. He pushed Sidious back, and he slid across the roof.
"I was wondering how long it would take you to hear our footsteps!" Anakin yelled, running towards The Emperor.
All four of them made their rounds as they jumped here and there all over Mustafar.
Almeta focused on killing Sidious, and not the lava beneath us as they were off of the platform.

It was then when Anakin had Sidious at be edge of the metal landing. Another step, and he would be in the lava.
"I will end this, once and for all." Anakin shouted.
The Emperor grinned. "I don't think so."

Almeta gasped as Anakin was thrown across the metal landing, and he slid over the edge.
"ANAKIN!" She screamed.
The gloved, prosthetic hand held the side with every ounce of strength.

Almeta turned to The Emperor, calming her breathing. He stared at me in confusion as she closed her eyes.

She allowed the Force to flow through her body as she rose a hand, the palm to Sidious. She pushed her strength, and heard him scream.

She looked over the edge as he held on, and she swung my lightsaber. His arms disappeared, and he fell down through the air until he landed in the lava, burning to death.

She ran back to Anakin and grabbed his hand. She lifted him onto the landing, and held him tightly.
"God- I - I thought I lost you." She cried as he panted for air.

"I'm here, I'm here." He whispered. He pushed his sweat filled hair out of his face and froze.
He turned to look at the platform, and that's when Almeta realized that Padmé was still on the ground.

It only took three lunges for Anakin to get to her, and she followed. He stood there before falling to his knees, his eyes becoming moist.
"She's dead." Obi-Wan told her.

Anakin placed his fingers below her jaw to find a non-existing pulse. Almeta felt tears form in her eyes as Anakin began to mutter to himself.
"Nonono-you're not dead, no!" He screamed, pushing against Padmé's chest for a reaction. Nothing came, and she closed her eyes.

"Anakin. . ." I whispered, stepping towards him. He buried his face in her chest as she hugged him tightly.
"We have to tell Luke and Leia." She sniffled, watching him wipe his tears away.
He nodded.

They stood from the ground, and walked back to the ship as the clones gathered.

Sidious was dead.