Chapter 19

I published the first chapter to my new Anakin fanfiction 'Armor' if you want to check it out! :)

Pain, Sympathy.
The two things that everyone was feeling. Not just the Jedi for once. The children, the adults of Naboo.

Jar Jar Binks stood next to Padmé's parents and her sister Sola as they carried Padmé's casket down the pathway of Theed, Naboo. Low lights were everywhere around as people sent their condolences.

Luke and Leia stood next to Sola. Anakin and Almeta stood as her casket came by them.
Beautiful flowers were placed in her hair, and she was dressed in a blue dress.

Anakin's eyes lowered to the ground. Almeta frowned and grabbed his hand, and he inhaled quietly.
As the casket disappeared down the pathway, Anakin squeezed her hand.

"I know you loved her, Anakin." She whispered. "Don't try to hide that. You have to remember her."
He didn't say anything as his blue eyes focused on hers. People around them began to leave, but they stayed still. Anakin closed his eyes as Almeta pressed his hand to his face.
"Come on," She whispered. "Let's go home."

-

Anakin carried Leia into the apartment as she cried herself to sleep. Luke climbed onto the sofa and looked down at his hands.

As he laid Leia on the other side of the sofa, Anakin knelt in front of Luke.

"I'm not so sad anymore, Father." Luke told Anakin.
Anakin smiled. "I'm glad you aren't sad."

Almeta leaned against the counter as Anakin stroked Luke's face.
"What happens now?" He asked.

"Obi-Wan has changed the Jedi Galactic Order around. There fore, you and Leia will live with us."
Luke grinned. "Really?"
He nodded. "I won't let you two out of my life again. It was a mistake the first time."

He hugged Anakin tightly, and Almeta smiled.
3PO walked out of the bedroom. "Master Anakin, it seems Aubrianna is awake."
He stood up. "Thank you, 3PO."

As Anakin walked into the room, Leia sat up, rubbing her eyes.
"Look who's awake," Anakin said, referring to both of the girls.
Anakin sat on the sofa next to Leia as he held Aubrianna.
"Daddy?" Leia asked.
"Hm?"
"Is Almeta my new mommy?"

Almeta stood frozen and in shock as their eyes met hers.

I didn't want them to forget Padmé, but I knew I was the only motherly figure they had left, She thought.

Almeta smiled as Anakin hummed, stalling.
"Is that what you want?" Anakin asked her.
"I don't have a mommy anymore."

Anakin looked down at her. "Your mother loved you very much, and so does Almeta. You two are like her children to her."
"So I have a new mommy?"
Anakin smiled. "Yes."

Leia stood up from the couch, and ran towards Almeta. She wrapped her arms around her legs, and she leaned down to lift her.

"I love you, Leia. You and Luke, as if you are my own." She promised her.
"I love you too."

-

Almeta sat on the edge of the bed as Anakin followed, placing his hand on her knee.
"It seems like it never ends. . . The constant war." She whispered. "The fear of our children not being safe."

Anakin smiled as he stroked her thin curls. "Our children will be safe, forever."
She leaned into him as he pulled her into an embrace, allowing her to inhale his scent.

His blue eyes met hers as she looked up at him. "You are my life, Al. You and our children. I don't know how many times I've said it, but I love you so much."

Almeta pressed her hand to his face. "I love you, Ani."