Chapter 7: Visiting Tatooine

"Master, are you sure we're safe? I think my family can wait until we're in the clear." Almeta said as the two walked towards the ship.

"Nonsense, Almeta. Family is everything. Also, with a week off, you can tell them what I've taught you." He grinned.

It's been a month since Almet became a Jedi in training; Anakin's Padawan. Everyday, she become stronger, and it was amazing to work with a great team of Jedi.

Almeta chuckled at his answer as they climbed into the speeder. "Of course, Master. You've taught me so much, that's the first thing I'll do."

He placed his hand on her shoulder. "Just have a good time, alright?"
Almeta rose a brow. "What do you plan to do while I'm there, Master?" 

"I happen to be from Tatooine myself. I plan on visiting my step father and his son."
Almeta slumped her shoulders. "I had a feeling you might have been from there. I always hear people taking about you, saying you're a great Jedi. I agree with them."

Anakin chuckled. "I'm far from a great Jedi. I'm always asked about Obi-Wan, not that I care." He shrugged playfully. She laughed.
"Master, you're an amazing Jedi." She promised him.
"Thank you."

He let out a sigh. "We leave to go to Hoth in a week. Have you changed your mind?"
Almeta looked over at him as he sped swiftly through the Coruscant traffic. "Is that what you want me to do?"

"Hoth is a very dangerous planet. Wampa's surround the areas during the day, and you're lucky if you don't get caught by one."
"I'm not letting you go by yourself, Master." She said, folding my hands.

"Fair warning." He said, keeping his eyes forward.

-

Almeta's nerves were off the walls as they landed in Tatooine.

"I sense fear in you." Anakin said suddenly.
"I'm not sure how they'll see me as a Jedi, Master."
"I'm sure they'll be proud of you. I know I am."
Almeta tried not to blush as they exited the ship. "Thank you, Master."

Walking through the sand, she walked up to the small sand built home.

"I grew up in a similar one like this." Anakin said.

Almeta's mother suddenly stepped out, her eyes widened. "Almeta?"
She let out a shaky chuckle as she wrapped her arms around her tightly.

"Hi, mom."

As she let go, she looked over her daughters' shoulder to see Anakin. "And you brought a boy." She heard him chuckle as she face palmed herself.

"Mom, this is my Master, Anakin Skywalker."
She shook Anakin's hand. "It's nice to meet you, call me Loretta."
"It's nice to meet you also, Loretta."

-

The two sat inside at the table as her mother sat across from Almeta.

"How has training been?" She asked her. 
"It's great. Master Skywalker has taught me a lot." She explained. Anakin just smiled sweetly as always.

"She's a quick learner. She just doesn't want to brag." He teased. Almeta and her mother laughed.
They all looked up when someone walked in.

Almeta's father's eyes widened as he realized who it was. 
"You're home!"

As the girl was pulled into a tight embrace, she smiled. "I am."

"Not that we don't want you here, sweetheart. But is there any reason you are here?"

"Actually, yes. Besides wanting to visit for the week, I have to tell you two that I have a mission with Master Skywalker in a week. We are going to Hoth to destroy a group of droids and clones that are stationed there."

Her mothers' eyes widened. "Hoth! You know it's dangerous!"

"Mrs. Oka, I promise you I won't let anything happen to Almeta." Anakin spoke, at her side. His eyes on her mothers.

"I believe you, but my motherly instincts choose otherwise." She frowned.

Anakin smiled. "You remind me a lot of my mother, how she used to be."

Almeta's eyes lowered. 
"Thank you, Master Skywalker." Her mother said.
"Anakin." He smiled.

"Anyway, I'm sure you two are worn out. We're heading off to rest."

Her mother kissed Almeta's cheek as her father kissed her forehead, mumbling a goodnight to Anakin and her.

"You're welcome to stay here until you visit your family, Master." Almeta said, turning around.
"Thank you."

"There's a spare room down the hall."
He nodded before rubbing his glove covered hand up her arm. "Goodnight, Almeta."

She swallowed the lump forming in her throat as she watched him disappear down the hall.

"Goodnight, Master."