Chapter 45

Author Note :
This is the first half of this chapter I am hoping to post the other one later today :)
I appreciate the votes! Thanks so much guys x

‘’ I do really not want to leave this room,or even this bed for that matter’’ Roman stated as my head was resting on his chest and his arm was holding me tightly.

I looked up at him and rested my chin on his chest.

‘’Me neither but we have too, I have thousands of messages from friends, family, magazines.. I don’t think we should have posted that picture’’ I giggled.

I recalled the picture that Roman had taken of us; I was covered with the sheets as Roman's chest was bare. He was pouting while I was kissing him on his cheek with my hand resting on his chest, revealing my ring to the world.

He put the caption, ‘’ Waking up next to this beauty @MiaMC  every day for the rest of my life? Sounds good! ;)’’

He tucked a strand of my messed up hair behind my ear, ‘’Well I'm sure they found out before that already. I mean I did propose in a club filled with strangers’’

‘’Oh yeah you did, didn’t you?’’ I smirked at him.

I got up draped in sheets, and headed towards the bathroom, ‘’ Join me?’’ he had a huge grin as he followed me into the bathroom.

●●●

I wore a baby pink pleated skirt with a white tank that I tucked into it with some sandals with my wet hair in a bun, while Roman wore a maroon shorts with a white vest and sandals with his hair in a low bun.

We were strolling down the street heading to the restaurant a few blocks from the hotel to meet everyone for brunch.

The paparazzi was really bad, Roman held my hand tightly and pushed through the mob who were asking questions left right and centre.

‘’ Are you pregnant?
Why the rush Roman?
Roman will you guys break off the engagement in a few months or will you actually make it to the altar?
What does Jenna have to say?
Mia are your exes heartbroken?’’

I was extremely relieved when we got inside, away from all the stupid questions.

‘’ You okay?’’ I nodded and felt Roman kiss the side of my head as we reached the large table filled with our friends. John and Nikki arrived a few seconds after us and everyone at our table began applauding for us.

‘’ Thanks guys!’’ we sat down.

‘’ Did you guys have it as bad as we did out there?’’ John raised an eyebrow at us.

I looked over at Roman whose eyes were burning into mine.

‘’ I'm pretty sure it was worse, but its fine. Roman stop looking at me like that please, I'm good. There will always be people who have a problem with us being together I have learned to accept it’’

‘’ Don't listen to them S.O.Bs, Mi!’’ I heard Jimmy shout from the other side of the table.

Everyone began laughing.

‘’ I just hate the fact that our engagement is basically being tainted because of them.’’

I nodded in agreement with Nikki.

‘’Guys don’t take heed of them, this is about you guys. Not about them, they're just jealous cause you guys don’t give a damn so don’t give them any satisfaction’’ Eva smiled.

‘’ So when is the engagement party guys?’’ Dean asked as we finished up eating.

‘’ Next week at my dad's place in the Hamptons. We need enough space for all four of our families ‘’ I smiled.

‘’ Where it all began, hey Mia’’ Dean chuckled which caused everyone who wasn’t caught up in their own conversations to look at me as I raised my eyebrow at Dean.

I knew he was implying the night when Roman and I slept together I just wasn’t sure how he knew what had happened.

‘’So what's the plans for the afternoon guys?’’ Roman changed the subject as I turned to stare at him and he knew he was in trouble as he avoided my gaze.

‘’Our last day in Vegas? Let's go to the beach and just chill. We have all had a hectic week’’

We all agreed with Sheamus.

We got up, Roman and I were travelling with John and Nikki as we hadn’t rented a car.

We sat in the back seat and I stared out of the window as we sped off.

I felt Roman move closer to me.

‘’ He's like my brother Mia I had to tell him’’ he whispered into my ear.

I continued looking out. I felt him grip my hand and kiss my shoulder. ‘’ Mia...’’

‘’I never told anyone about that night’’

I turned to look at him, ‘’ I just figured we had promised that it would stay between us and even through the years as our friendship grew when we pretended it hadn’t happened. It would play over and over again in my head and I had no one to talk to about my conflicted feelings about wanting an engaged man because I promised you. But I guess telling Dean seemed right, so its fine’’

I smiled and gazed out of the window.

‘’ Mia, I'm ...’’

I turned and kissed him and pulled away slowly, ‘’ Roman I still love you and want to marry you but just leave me alone for awhile please’’

He nodded, let go of my hand and sat back.

I heard my phone vibrating on my lap, I was really not in the mood. I still had so much unanswered messages and missed calls. I answered it without checking as the vibrating was getting on my nerves.

‘’So my love is engaged?’’ I recognised Dave’s voice immediately and smiled.

‘’Oh so it takes me getting engaged to get a call from you Big Man?’’ I felt Roman’s eyes burning into the side of my face.

While Nikki and John continued their conversation oblivious to us.

‘’ Well from what I have read in the news you have been pretty busy, no time for an ex in your life’’ I heard him chuckling.

‘’ Oh my word do not get all childish on me Dave! You are invited to my engagement party, so you better pitch’’

‘’ Oh I will, seeing my fine ass ex before she is officially off the market’’

‘’ Okay big Man see you next week! ‘’ I put the phone and turned to look at Roman, he was clenching his jaw. He did not like Dave at all, he could tolerate Paul and Randy but Dave was another story for him.

I immediately felt guilty.

●●●

‘’ What the hell is going on with you guys? ‘’ Nikki hissed as we walked onto the beach while John and Roman got the towels and beach umbrellas.

‘’ What do you mean?’’ I stopped and turned to face her.

‘’ Mia, I might have been talking to John but I can multitask. You know how much Roman despises Dave and then you go and invite him to the freaking engagement party!’’

‘’ He is our friend he should be able to be there’’

‘’ I know but why couldn’t you wait and then I could’ve said your dad invited him or something. But to do it right there , were you trying to hurt him on purpose?’’

I turned and walked on as I saw the guys were walking our way.

‘’ Okay maybe I was, but I regretted it immediately after I did it’’