Chapter 12

I got out of the water, leaving everyone behind. I headed for a cliff with a bottle of tequila as I wanted to watch the sunset from a nice view.

I saw that Roman had already beaten me to it. I ran and sat behind him with my legs on each side of him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders and kissed his neck.

He leaned back and looked behind him. When he saw it was me, he smiled and leaned back until his head was resting in my lap.

I had to do this now before I backed out.

'' Rome...''

''Yeah baby girl?''

''Look at me please...''

He sat up and turned to me.

'' Everything I said last night I meant it..'' I pulled my knees into my chest and rested my chin onto it.

'' You wanna leave me? I didn't say anything cause I thought you wouldn't remember today. Everything you said? I don't know where you got that from. I didn't mean that you weren't worth anyone marrying when I told you those things about Paul. I meant that you didn't deserve for your first proposal to be tainted. I know I was a fucking ass, but I was caught off guard that's all and I honestly didn't get your texts at all. Last night I wasn't heading to the restaurant. I was coming to see you but then you were in... the state that you were in and I didn't wanna say anything at that time..''

'' The fact that you didn't say anything hurt the most..'' I could feel the tears falling down.

He took my hand, '' Mia , the only reason Jenna was here was because I broke it off with her. She was pretty upset but she was okay after a couple of days, she knew we had drifted apart.. I am in love with you Mia Mackenzie McMahon.  I promise I'll try not to blow a gasket every time you spend time with Paul..''

I couldn't break up with him anymore, he felt the same way about me as I felt about him.

'' Even though I hate the fact that you spent the weekend with Dave and that Randy is waaaaay too friendly with you I don't care. I fucking love you baby and as long as I know I'm the one who you share everything with then I'm fine!''

He was smiling but in his eyes I could tell he was concerned.

'' I never slept with Dave, all I could think about was you and how much I had hurt you by lying to you again and the way you looked at me when Dean and I saw you. ''

'' The only reason I acted like that was because Jenna asked me if you were the reason I was leaving her and I said no. If I hadn't been so cold, I would've ended up pulling you into my arms because I had missed you so much that..''

There were tears in his eyes as well due to us always becoming messes with each other.

He leaned in closer and moved his right hand holding my cheek, '' Please don't leave me. You and Lucy are most important to me, our first night on that beach? We both said it was a mistake that we were drunk; I wasn't. I wanted to be with you the moment I saw you and being your friend for almost two years sucked, that's why I went to your dad and pitched our storyline to him..''

I didn't need to hear more. I jumped onto him and kissed him, not caring if the others saw us. His hands gripped my bottom and pulled me onto him. I felt a huge splash; a wave had hit us and we fell into the ocean.

We were both laughing as we resurfaced and he kissed me before leading me onto the shore. He let go of my hand once we came into sight.

We headed to sit with Daniel and Brie, everyone else was lying back enjoying the sunset.