Chapter 31

''Hey, I thought you might want some breakfast before your flight'' Dwayne walked into the guest room I had barely slept in cause I had Roman on my mind the entire night.

I had just woke up after sleeping for less than three hours.

'' I'm not really that hungry..''

'' Come on, I got up early to make this for you Mi...''

'' Fine!'' I smiled as he set the tray across my thighs filled with waffles, syrup and juice for both of us.

I decided to start eating since he would definitely make me feel guilty if I didn't.

'' Dean called about an hour ago.. He said that he would come over to pick you up and fly down with you. Cause he doesn't want you being alone in that big apartment of yours''

I sighed. '' I am fine, I don't need a babysitter, being on the jet alone will be good for me as well to think about everything...''

He raised an eyebrow at me. ''You have done over enough thinking, you hardly slept last night Mia''

'' I'll be fine, it was just weird like we were all suppose to be together and I screwed up''

'' You did the right thing Mia, he will realize that okay? I have never seen him the way he was last night, that big guy crying? Mia he is crazy about you, he will come around just give him time''

I nodded, '' I really hope so.. I should go shower. Dean will probably be here soon. "

I got up and went into the bathroom, but went out again immediately realizing that I didn't have any clothes.

'' Uhm could I perhaps borrow like a denim shirt and a jockey?''

He chuckled, '' I take it that you don't have any luggage.

I shook my head.

'' I'll go look for those two items and I'll set them on the bed for you'' he smiled and I went into the bathroom.

I wrapped myself in a towel and headed out, with my hair dripping. I saw a blue jockey and denim shirt on the bed and put it on.

The shirt fit like a dress and stopped mid-thigh, it would have to do. I guess I would be going bra-less for the day, I left my hair loose to dry and checked my phone for messages. I had a missed call from Dean from earlier this morning and several messages from The Usos asking if I was okay as well as one from Renee asking the same thing.

I replied to all of their messages with the same thing, '' Hey , uhm I'm fine, heading home which is for the best, see you on Raw ''

I went downstairs and saw Dean and Dwayne sitting on the couch talking intensely, I'm sure it was about last night.

Both of them stood up as I entered, '' You ready to go? Where's your bags?''

'' The location of those would be in Roman's car'' I smiled.

'' Sorry...Uhm I guess I'll see you when I see you Dwayne'' He hugged him and went out the front door.

I walked over to Dwayne and he pulled me into a hug, '' Thanks for everything D''

'' No worries my lady!'' He kissed my cheek and I got in the car with Dean.

●●●

The drive to the airport had been quiet, I didn't want to ask about Roman straight away. I figured he would tell me when he was ready.

We boarded onto the McMahon private jet which was way too big for just two people might I add.

'' So I take it that's Dwayne's shirt?''

I nodded as he sat opposite me, '' I was forced to improvise''

I couldn't even bring myself to laugh.

'' I couldn't speak to Roman last night Mia... he spent two hours locked in his old bedroom and then only came out to fetch Lucy to take her to bed. His eyes were bloodshot, he told Lucy he had allergies'' he looked out of the window as we were now taking off.

Hearing that caused a lump to grow in my throat but I couldn't cry now, I needed to be strong I was the one who chose to end things, who let Roman down when he needed me the most.

'' Breakfast was super awkward. It was just his parents, me ,Renee and him and Lucy. He apologised to his dad though and his dad said he understood as Roman was defending you but that he still didn't approve of how you two went about everything. They were speaking in a code so that Luc wouldn't understand.. just as Roman was about to reply I guess, Lucy asked where you were ''

'' What did he say?'' my heart sunk as I thought about Lucy being disappointed.

'' He pretended not to hear her and told his dad that he wouldn't have to be concerned about anything as you two were done and then he got up. I told Luc that you had to go because of business and that she could visit you another time. She was a bit sad, but she's a kid she'll get a bag of sweets and forget about it..'' He looked at me sympathetically.

I sighed and looked out of the window because I knew if I were to speak it would be a trigger for my tears.

●●●

Walking into my apartment felt strange as I hadn't been there for almost a year. Dean and I decided to order pizza for lunch and watch some reality TV.

I had fallen asleep along with Dean.

I was awoken by my phone ringing. I answered without checking who it was.

'' Hello..''

I looked outside and realized that night had already crept in.''Helloooooo?''

The line went dead, I checked and saw that it was Roman who had called.

I called back immediately, the first three times I got voicemail and then the fourth time I heard Lucy's voice.

''Aunty Mi , where are you?''

'' Im at home sweetie, whats wrong?''

'' You said I was going to see your house but you left without me and daddy!''

'' I had to go. I'm sorry Lucy, don't worry you will see my house soon okay?'' I could hear my voice echoing which meant that I was on speaker.

'' Prooooomise?''

'' I promise, are you still at grandpa's house?''

'' Yes! Daddy why aren't you speaking?''

I heard shuffling and whispering and I figured he took me off speaker, '' Sweetie I have to go okay?''

'' Who is that?'' Dean yawned as he woke up.

'' Aunty Mi, is Uncle Randy with you?''

I knew Roman had asked her to ask me, it hurt that he thought I would be with him, '' No Luc.. its Uncle Dean. He's talking in his sleep, I have to go sweetie. I love you''

'' I love you too Aunty Mi!''

'' He actually thought I was with Randy! Is that really what he thinks of me. I cant even believe it right now'' my eyes were filling up with tears.

He leaned over to me and gripped me into a hug.

'' Hey hey, he's not in the right state of mind Mi. I never told him I was going with you and.. he's just not thinking straight. ''