Chapter 34

''I shouldn't have gone to the arena Nikki''

I was in my room at my parents house.

I called my dad to pick me up from the arena and Nikki came over after she was done with her segment as she asked Steph where I was.

I made her promise not to tell Roman where I was or give him my new number.

Nikki turned on her side to look at me, I was lying and staring at the ceiling.

'' Mia he is not going to simply give up on you, you cant decide for him. You say that all you do is mess up his life but by doing this? It is destroying him. He left immediately after he finished his segment, he didn't even acknowledge me. He just walked past me. This is killing you as well''

I turned to face her, I couldn't stop my tears, '' I want to be with him but the look of disgust on his father's face and the way they were arguing with each other because of me.. ''

'' That man loves you so much, and even if you don't believe it, you love him more than Randy or Paul. Please just speak to him and let him in, tell him everything and then let him decide''

'' I cant''

She took my phone off the counter.

'' Yes you can, now phone him and tell him to come over. I'm pretty sure he's not sleeping right now.''

She dialed his number in and the phone rang before I could protest. That's the thing about Nikki, she could be extremely persuasive at times.

The phone rang thrice and then he finally picked up.

'' Uhm hello?'' his voice sounded so low .

'' Its Mia...''

'' Where are you? I'm outside your apartment. I'm hoping you aren't home because I have been here for the past hour just hoping that you would either open the door or step out of the elevator''

I could hear the urgency in his voice.

'' I'm at my dad's. I'm sorry I just left, I couldn't...''

'' Its fine I get it. I was expecting too much too soon and especially since it was the first time we had spoken for more than three months. I would like to see you right now more than anything but if you need more time I'll...''

I didn't want more time, I wanted to be with him.

'' No, Roman I want to see you''

'' Okay I'll be there in 5 minutes'' he hung the phone up.

'' Get in that shower and be strong, do not cry okay? You guys need to sort things out and you crying will just leave him not saying anything because that's one of his weaknesses concerning you! I'll be leaving so you guys can have some privacy. Here's the key, your dad gave it to me when I came in, he said he wouldn't be here whole week so you have the house to yourself. But if you feel lonely, John and I can visit''

She hugged me, '' Thanks for everything babe''

'' The only way you can thank me is by telling me the next time I see you that you and Roman are together again!'' She screamed back at me as she left and I headed into the shower.

●●●

I got out of the shower and put on my pj shorts and tank top.

I went downstairs to the living room to wait for Roman. I sat on the huge ass couch Indian style facing the hallway when I heard the door open.