Foreign Policy Negotiations?

I sat in a chair as the focal point of the room, my posture stiff and gaze equally met with the tenacious woman in front of me. She was the blonde woman with the unusually large bust from earlier, her elbows propped up on the desk as she held her hands in front of her mouth. She stared at me intently as if to read my very soul. I kept her gaze, my mouth pursed in a thin line. I was aggravated. Not only had they taken Linksys for "evaluation", but now I was stuck dealing with a prideful, hot-headed woman.

"Elvinia was it?" She finally spoke.

"Yes, of Tehlmar Province." My flat tone clearly put her on edge as she shifted uncomfortably.

"Forgive me if I do not know where that is – ," she began, but I interrupted her.

"In a land far from here, where I dearly hope, for your own good," my obvious threat made her guards tense, "you won't send me back to or ever think of contacting a resident in relation to that hell on earth." I crossed my legs, my eyes shifting color again as a sense of superiority washed over me once more. My domineering instinct picked up on her competitiveness toward my arrogance. I could tell she was their leader, and my display of indifference toward the fact irked them.

"Indeed," was her reply, "I see you've got your reasons for leaving, but the question is, why here?" As the leader spoke, a woman with short, black hair shifted in awkwardness as she held a chubby, pink pig in her arms. It was quite the display. Humans were such frivolous creatures.

"I happened to land here abruptly and ignorantly with no intent of staying. When I was attacked by strange men in what seemed to be masks, I was merely surveying the land I had happened to come across while flying over a sea of clouds." My curt explanation gave her no new information to pry me on. I needed to tread carefully. These people were awfully intuitive and sharp.

"Hmm," she must've picked up on my efforts to stay on course and not digress off and open up a new topic of information, "I can see you are no foolish person and shouldn't be taken lightly. I still can't trust you or that beast you claim isn't a demon."

There she goes. Now she is trying to get me to converse about Linksys. I will not elaborate.

"Where is Linksys?" I could once more feel the color of my eyes change. The change was inexorable, unlike my emotions that I could control. In some ways, it was fruitless to try and hide my emotions when my eyes always gave them away. But if you didn't know which colors represented which emotions, it was easy to misunderstand my feelings at the time.

"The beast? Is that what you call him?"

"He is no beast." I gritted my teeth in order to keep from raising my voice. I could not show anger.

"Humf, I see," she smiled triumphantly as if she had figured something out, "so red is anger, yea?"

I felt my frustration rise. She was hard to fool. She must've taken into account the episode from earlier when I yelled at her for insulting Linksys's species and compared it to now. She was smart to say the least.

"What about it?"

"I just find it interesting to watch your eyes reflect your feelings. It's quite the mystery. Is it some type of kekkei genkai?"

"Ke-kay gen-kie?" I enunciated quite articulately, seeing as I had just learned their language a few hours before.

"Ah, forgive me. You probably don't know what that is. Are you aware of what shinobi are?" She questioned, and I lost track of my defenses.

"Ninja? I've heard stories of them. Why?"

"Well, you might like to know that this is a continent of ninja. You are currently in the Land of Fire. There are nine countries on this continent and five hidden villages mainly known as the Five Great Shinobi Countries. You are in the hidden village known as Konohagakure." She explained as her eyes studied me closely and took in my features as well as attire.

"Now I know why you are swifter and more intuitive than the humans back in the west. It would be my luck to get stuck in a land of annoyances." I crossed my legs and propped my elbow on the arm rest to lean against my palm. I could see the twitch on her brow as she took in my words. "And just why are you telling me this? I didn't ask. As a matter of fact, I asked where my dragon was."

"Your pet is with one of our finest veterinarians. She mostly works with dogs, but I'm sure she can handle a measly reptile." She chuckled as my eyes flared that crimson red again, and I could no longer stand her presence.

"Finished yet? I'm leaving." I went to leave, but her guards swiftly stepped in front of me.

"Not so fast. . . creature. We're not done."

"Creature? I'm an elf. Oh, and," my sarcasm became evident as I mocked one of her previous tones, "you might like to know that we are an ancient, revered species known for our sacred blessings and kindness, but that doesn't necessarily mean we don't know a few curses, so I wouldn't so carelessly piss me off." My voice was venomous, my aura darkening the room and setting everyone on edge.

"Was that a threat?" She narrowed her eyes.

"No, it was a promise." I stood my ground, sparks flying as we had a silent stare down. She finally took her seat and cooled down a bit, motioning for me to do the same.

"I see you have quite a past based on your defensive manner and seemingly dull eyes. I gather you've left your home for a reason, so I will keep my word on not negotiating foreign policy, but you will have obligations to fulfill." She sighed as she organized a few papers.

"Obligations you say? I will not take orders from a – "

She held her hand up, stopping me from going further.

"You are not an. . . elf here. Whatever status you held in your country, you left behind when you ran away." Her words infuriated me, but I steeled myself to keep silent. It was true. I'd have to admit; I did abandon my country, and she was right. It was foolish to carry my pride on my shoulders, but I wasn't used to anything but that. It was going to be hard to break the habit.

"Now, you have a debt on your shoulders. You will work here until you pay back every last expense it's going to take to repair our village. The damage you've done is surmountable." She rubbed her temples, and I felt my void emotional state dig deeper at the thought of work. It was better than what I had been through back in Tehlmar, though, so I was grateful for that much. An unintentional sigh escaped my lips.

"As much as I'd love to teach you a lesson of submission, I won't. I must agree to your words regarding my status. It is true; I've abandoned all of what it is to be an elf. I can never go back. I have run away from my pride," my eyes shifted color once more, and their faces reacted with surprise at the new shade, "I will accept your terms as long as no harm comes to Linksys. That is my only stipulation, human."

She chuckled a bit at my most likely odd way of speech.

"You'll come to realize we are not the type to harm unnecessarily. And if you want to seem less prideful, quit referring to us as humans. My name is Tsunade, and I am the Hokage, or leader, of this village. Please to make your acquaintance, Elvinia of Tehlmar." Her usage of my name rose my respect level of her even if only by one percent. It was going to be a long, tiring experience, but whatever was in store for me, I hoped, would quench my adventurous demon.