In A Snake's Interest

All hell broke loose as Naruto's raging demon decided to commence the fight, a formerly invisible Linksys now visibly circling the scene from the sky.

Kabuto had managed to escape my grasp as I jumped away from the surge of corrosive energy, Sakura being knocked back and forced unconscious as Yamato and Sai prepared their attacks. Naruto's main focus was Orochimaru, my objective being to read the demon. If I could just understand him... Relate to him...

Naruto's cloaked hand elongated itself at alarming speed, repeating this tactic in an attempt to crush the criminal.

Yamato commanded Sai to help Sakura as the bridge gave way from the extensive damage it had taken, her limp body falling.

He had summoned an odd looking bird, its body appearing to have been drawn out with ink. He avoided her, allowing her to fall passed him. So... He was a traitor, after all.

Yamato scoffed as he was forced to use his wood technique to capture her, the coarse, splintered tentacle catching her mid fall.

I called to Linksys, jumping to his back as I forced him into the level four state, him becoming big enough to ride. He was now terribly hard to miss, being at least as tall as a huge pine tree and as large as a big building.

I followed Sai, his attention more on Orochimaru than his comrades. That was quite typical of human beings.

The snake became even more revolting as he basically shed his skin, another set of hands pulling his mouth open and ripping the body apart to produce another version of himself. The left over saliva was still present on his cavernous face, making my eyes fade to gray in disgust.

"You still have a ways to go before you catch up to Sasuke-kun. You're using the power of a jinchuuriki, and that's all you have to show?" The man, only halfway out of his previous body, continued to taunt Naruto who's demon was taking shape with every wasted second.

Producing many arms, a vicious growl emanated from the blonde's lips as he reached to silence Orochimaru, the landscape being blown to bits as his arms chased the criminal farther into the woods. I felt rage. I felt madness. I felt evil. This demon truly was unlike anything I had ever tamed before. It's power was beyond Linksys's, so sending my trusted partner to help restrain Naruto was off limits. I couldn't intentionally bring harm to that Drake. He was too precious and undeserving. I'd have to do this myself.

As I collected my resolve, Naruto's form took on an even more vicious form, his skin beginning to corrode away as a sinister energy, or chakra, eroded it. A fourth tail began to protrude from his crouching figure, most likely causing the overwhelming power that was slowly eating away at Naruto. It was truly hideous. I couldn't begin to imagine the pain the boy was feeling. However, it didn't show on his face. Nothing showed on his face. He was now a true animalistic, personification of madness.

Now, it was my chance to read his soul's resonance. The more power seeping from him, the better chance at getting a more precise reading. As before, I felt the seething rage and hatred that swirled together in madness; however, a faint, minuscule glimmer of something else appeared in this new form. It was something quite difficult to decipher- as if it was never meant to belong to the demon. And I needed more time to figure it out.

However, Naruto was suffering.

I was currently hovering above everything with the help of Linksys, and that included Sai's sneaky self. I could tell he was hovering way too close, for if this demon was as powerful as I sensed, a mere blast of energy is all it would take to knock Sai from the sky. (Lmao it rhymes) Turns out, I was right. Naruto reared back, his claws sharp and fangs treacherous, before letting out a roar of resounding hell, the earth shaking and a crater forming as energy surged from within. Orochimaru was bitch-slapped (jk) thrown back, his limp body flying in unsettling motions as he rolled numerous times among the dirt. Sai's ink bird immediately dissipated, the boy falling toward the demolished trees.