Drunken Danger

"That's it! Now manipulate the molded chakra with your lightning release." His eye was round in anticipation as his hands instructed my movements. I had successfully created a system for chakra, and it had drained me significantly. But it now ran correlative with my magic, and if needed, I would be able to switch back and forth until both reserves ran dry. Having successfully mastered chakra control, it was a simple task to mold it around my hand and combine it with lightning release. According to that slip of paper from earlier, I could use lightning and fire release, but my magic was more than enough to utilize fire. It was also more affective, seeing as it made fire more versatile rather than the fire my chakra would create.

But my magic was not one with lightning, and I never understood why. Other elves weren't harmed when attempting to use differing elements. They may not have been able to master them, but never were they injured. It was odd, yet a part of me knew the dark secret behind it. My mind wouldn't accept the possibility, so it stayed locked away. Now thanks to Hatake, I was able to utilize lightning to some degree. It may not have been my own lightning- made from my own magic- but it was still fulfilling. It still felt as if a piece of my mother was showing itself.

After multiple failed attempts, heavy amounts of sweat, shortness of breath, and intense concentration, a fear-striking nuance of death could be heard reverberating around the area, and everyone in the vicinity halted their actions - Naruto included. Linksys gamboled around as yips and adorable noises of happiness left his muzzle, his hind quarters shaking like that of a boisterous dog. I hadn't realized it, but a smile had subconsciously spread across my face as I watched the chirping lights dance over my hand without so much as heating it up. Nothing could display the joy I was currently feeling excite my body - not even the shades of pink taking over my eyes.

"Chidori." He said, taking my attention off my hand and to his defined face. His eye was closed as if in a smile, and his head was tilted slightly. This human bewildered me to no end.

Yamato yelled a congratulatory phrase from his spot in the middle of the pillars, and little did I know, Naruto had acquired a ghost of a smile as he pretended not to take notice. He couldn't deny the fact.

Cursing myself for even listening to a human, much less this one, I canceled the jutsu and gazed at Hatake sincerely. He flinched at the look in my eyes, averting his gaze and rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. Not wanting to actually say it, I wrapped my arms around him and kept my face by his ear in attempts to hide my disgusted eyes.

"Thank you." I hadn't wanted it to. I had even tried to force a harshness, but my words were genuine and left my tongue in a breathless whisper. I really hated being indebted to anyone, much less a human, but he had made possible something I had given up on long ago. It was a task that had given me much grief and self-loathing. Now it was a weight much less heavy, and with further mastery, I could finally live up to my worthiness - the worthiness of being a mother's daughter.

He suddenly grimaced and subconsciously gripped my upper arms. I stepped back only to see Linksys on his other shoulder, licking Hatake's visible ear. I couldn't help the chuckle escaping me as he struggled to pacify the dragon. He finally grasped the reptile's small body gently and slowly handed him off to me. A smirk crawled up my face at his flustered expression, and I couldn't help but tease further.

"Sorry, Linksys," I propped him up on my shoulder, "Hatake only enjoys my lips." I stated casually, running a finger over his horned head. Humans were so easy to rile up, and it was fun toying with them. I didn't understand what was so embarrassing about lips, but it flustered the humans. And it was fun to tease about.

After numerous stutters and inaudible-almost words, Hatake finally uttered out a what from under his mask and flamed cheeks. My malicious laugh filled the air as my head reared back, and I could do nothing but turn away as I tried in vain to still my laughter. I could feel his tangible abhorrence in the air and almost thought he was going to burn holes through me with his glare.