The Heck is a Faun?!

"Truly?! Well, it's a miracle he's finally dead." Thiavar, sitting across from Kakashi and Naruto, stared wide-eyed at the duo as they explained the history of the notorious villain and his murderer. Never did they expect this news to come so quickly. And so unexpectedly. Truly, something very large and very possibly dangerous was snowballing their way.

Elvinia and Asuma had been lost to the enemy, and it had only been about a week since Naruto and his various friends had worked together to kill Hidan and Kakuzu of the Akatski, and now Naruto's childhood, misguided friend had just murdered his own mentor and notorious criminal, Orochimaru. The troublesome events pointed to a long, conflict-ridden future.

"I smell war on the horizon, and if not a the full-blown war, then a very significant battle." Kakashi spoke ominously, rubbing a practiced finger under the eagerly outstretched neck of a certain reptile as the trio sat around a small table in the beck of the shop they'd decided to meet in. Over the course of the past week, Kakashi and Naruto had become more accustomed and familiar with Thiavar who had been spending most of his time with Tsunade, helping strategize and study enemy movements.

"Well, with Elvinia and Vipirus involved, we may hope for a war. Because in war, it is implied that both sides stand an equal chance of winning." With the satyr's chilling statement, a speechless air surrounded the group. He was completely correct. If what Thiavar had told Kakashi was true, he - hell, all of Konoha - could only hope for equal odds. Kakashi was somewhat aware of Elvinia's magic and the extent to which the elves held a bit of an edge over the humans, but he knew he was nowhere near the correct assumption of how deadly a team of elves could be.

And they had a vicious, black dragon, according to Asuma's team.

Thinking of the malicious dragon Shikamaru and his teammates had described from that fateful encounter, Kakashi glanced at the content Linksys resting on his shoulder, wondering how useful he could make himself in utilizing the Dragon's capabilities. He's recognized Elvinia's magic when it had entered him on that very. . . eventful day, and he was able to experiment enough with it to understand its basic function. But he knew it was also a finite source, with no origin or system to create and circulate the foreign energy. It simply mixed in with his chakra, floating around until being incorporated into some of his techniques. However, he had been saving most of it in the use of exchanging letters with the elf. Calling upon and returning her satchel was no simple task.

He knew commanding a dragon would be almost a last resort. And with no way to practice without actually using the magic, he was sure it was a hopeless cause. All he could do was pray Elvinia made it in time for him and Naruto to help her.

"We have to get her back." Almost reading his mind, Naruto seemed to catch on to what Kakashi was contemplating, and his declaration had Kakashi all the more eager to read Elvinia's response to his letter. Her cooperation in their communications was paramount to their progression in this ongoing fight. Without her, they had little to no way of knowing the status of things. Or the state of her well-being.

It had him almost on the edge of his seat in anxiety.

He couldn't fail himself or anyone else this time around.

And something was just eating at his nerves.

"There you are! Thiavar!" The Hokage's sudden, urgent voice had all three men - or beings - on their feet and in ready mode. "Hurry, Thiavar. I believe this one has arrived for you this time around." The Hokage seemed almost annoyed with whatever the emergency seemed to be, which diminished the panic welling up inside the three of them.

"What in the world?" Thiavar exclaimed in bewilderment, looking toward his equally as intrigued companions as they ran after the Hokage in curiosity and exasperation.