Demon Tamer of War

Linksys and I sat in the top of a tree, basking in the warm breeze as Naruto and Sai held a simulation for Yamato.

It was quite entertaining- their fighting style that is. It was so very similar to magic, yet there was a very distinct difference. Their energy seemed to fluctuate from a different source and flowed differently. Chakra, is what they call it.

Least to say, Naruto and Sai would be the last people I'd put in a group together.

The night before, Yamato had split us up into groups, me being able to choose who to back up. That worked in my favor, seeing as I had no intention of assisting anyway.

After quite an irksome, spiteful argument, the two boys had a battle of wits.

"This really was pointless, wasn't it?" Yamato face palmed as the two boys continued.

"What would Sasuke-kun have done in that situation? Fought while looking after you? As a companion and member of Team Kakashi?" Sai proceeded to wound unnecessarily, fueling Naruto's aggravation. I could sense it from here.

It was now becoming interesting. I, too, wished to hear more of this boy. After all, humans never really held on to one emotion too long. I wanted to see how long it'd take for Naruto to give up on this strong willed emotion to find his beloved Sasuke. Maybe Sai would be the instigator?

"The one who betrayed the village and injured you... You still refer to him as a friend?" Sai tilted his head with that irksome smile.

"If it's to save that friend, I'll do anything. Even if it means working with you." Naruto's quick, passionate reply had me on my seat's edge. Quite pleasing. I hadn't witnessed such a soap opera in a while. Naruto definitely fit in as an ardent boy, proving an interesting specimen to observe. Maybe I'd stick until the end.

"Why does he still care about Sasuke that much?" Sai inquired wearily as Naruto walked off dejectedly.

"Naruto thinks of Sasuke like a brother. That's why." Sakura explained, staring off into space. "You have a brother, too. Don't you understand that feeling?"

"No, not at all." Sai replied fervently, catching my interest. "Remember what we were saying about picture titles? I have none of what you'd call emotions." He stated jubilantly, an almost weary smile on his face. I jumped down, landing with a soft thud.

"Please," I scoffed, "no emotions? Don't kid. You're a human. Whether you like it or not, you have emotions. Choosing to express them, however, is a whole different story." I brushed passed him, ignoring the suspicious gazes.

The wind blew pleasantly, carrying with it a sense of anxious silence as we waited on this so called spy.

Yamato had surprisingly changed himself into a completely different person- a hunchback of a man. The man, known as Sasori, had apparently been with the Akatsuki until Sakura shockingly killed him- an S-Rank criminal.

Now, we had plans to meet with a spy under Sasori's "control". But it was risky, and we were to stay on guard while waiting in secret.

A human appeared from the forest, cloaked in a heavy, dark gray hooding. Naruto whispered a good luck to Yamato as the spy approached.

"It has been a long time, Sasori- sama." A man's voice was heard. Sakura visibly stiffened as if recognizing him already. "It has been five years."

Pulling off his hood, I was able to take in his appearance- glasses, light hair in a ponytail, and malicious eyes. He reminded me too much of Sativola, my father- a brooding, scheming, selfish man.