A Meeting of Fate

"Remember, do not engage. Only report."

Kakashi warned his troupe with utmost severity in his voice, nodding them off as each duo vanished in its respective direction. The mission was simple in its intent: locate Sasuke, Itachi, and/or Elvinia and report back. There were eight ninja, four cells with two ninja hounds each. The exception was of Kakashi's cell, which consisted of Kiba, Thiavar, Pakkun, and Akamaru.

"I know Elvinia's scent well. If she's around, her scent will lead me straight to her." Thiavar nodded in determination, balling his fists every so often as his hooves shifted back and forth. He'd been given ninja garb, but there had been no pants to fit him. His curly tufts poked from around the edges of his gear belt, twitching in the wind.

"Your first ninja mission, eh? Nervous?" Kiba grinned slyly from his position next to Akamaru, watching the satyr frown in contempt.

"No, absolutely not. It may be my first ninja mission but not my first mission. . . boy." He retorted rather haughtily, tilting his head in a taunting manner. Kiba only chuckled, holding his hands up in surrender.

The satyr exhaled sharply in annoyance as he reminisced the morning's events. He hadn't expected for Kakashi to be so amiable with the demeanors and minds of children, especially a little faun's mind. The young faun prince's mother had shockingly followed the boy to Konoha in a fit of worry and grief, no guards or anything. The Queen of Fauns!

She never did anything herself.
But she appeared at Konoha's gates that morning nonetheless, panting and flushing in physical exertion. She'd run after him all that way, it appeared.

"Where is he?!" She'd demanded as the ninja guards rushed in on her. She was hostile and frustrated, pulling away from them and resisting their efforts to calm her. There'd been so many odd creatures showing up in Konoha recently that the guards weren't even affected by her shocking physiognomy and furry legs.

Eventually, Kakashi and I had been alerted to the commotion and rushed to aid in calming her, especially once the prince had come to the gates. Taking her to a well-liked, small place to eat, we bought her sustenance and filled her in on what was going on after she'd strongly reprimanded her son, Laustus. He didn't take well to punishment and decided to sulk in the corner of the building, his pup resting beside him. She'd left her people in the care of the general and fled to find her son, so for certain, she was far from lenient in her anger.

"He never listens, especially since the death of his father." She ranted heatedly before sighing in weariness, sipping the water we'd provided her. She was physically exhausted, her legs shaking.

"To be expected, M'lady. But no worries, we've kept him safe here, and had you not shown, I would have eagerly returned him to his people in great haste." I assured her as we glanced at the boy. He was no happier.

"He came looking for her, didn't he?" She growled lowly, her eyes a dangerous fire. When Kakashi stiffened beside me, I let out an awkward bleat.

"Well, you know how much he looks up to her, and he does have-"

"I wouldn't care even if she was a god, Thiavar. She participated in the slaughtering of her own kind, not to mention my HUSBAND, and has now abandoned her lands, which has in turn, left us to the mercy of a malicious Eleven king and a plethora of aggressive dragons." The woman spit venomously, never taking a breath as her hand practically squished the cup in her grasp. Kakashi glanced at me, all the more oblivious to the bigger picture of the issue.

Sighing, I rubbed my temples, "I understand, but you are not aware of the reasons behind Elvinia's actions. She may have killed your husband and thousands of her kind, but that was not Elvinia, and it was not by Elvinia's wishes. She fle-"