Listen to the Rain

"Man, I'm jealous." Kisame whined from his seat on the cave floor. Just outside was the body of the newly awoken, water dragon. Itachi was currently keeping the beast under a very slow Tsukuyomi, for the dragon was too powerful for a normal genjutsu.

But the strain was exhausting and painful.

"Why'd she kiss you and not me?!" Frustrated, the blue man grumbled in indignation. Itachi ignored his outbursts, knowing good and well why she had.

He was highly shocked and confused at first, but once her magic had run through his veins, he realized her true intentions. The magic surprisingly seemed to speak within him; however, no words were ever formed. He simply knew what to do.

So after having moved themselves and her unconscious body into the nearest cave, he commenced his duties. Silently, he siphoned a bit of her magic to call forth an accoutrement of sorts. Once it had materialized in his hand, he realized it was a satchel.

"What the hell?!" Kisame, having been watching curiously, scrambled from his spot and toward Itachi. "How'd you do that?" He inquired, shifting his weight into a sitting position and folding his legs accordingly. His demeanor was like that of an eager schoolboy.

Itachi cut his crimson eyes at the male before curtly speaking, "her magic is guiding my actions." And with that, he continued his task, moving his weakening eyes back over to her satchel. He wasn't about to waste his voice explaining every little detail to his partner. Hopefully, the man would figure it out.

From her satchel, he retrieved a scarlet vial. But before he could open it, two, folded pieces of paper fell from the opened bag. Curiously, he retrieved them, unfolding the first one carefully. Once he had finished reading it, he folded it exactly how it had been and made sure to place it in the same spot it'd fallen from. He didn't even read the second one and instead, replaced it in the bag beside the other.

"What was that about?" His partner's beady eyes glistened in anticipation, his smile widening a fraction.

"Couldn't read it." Calm was his voice but steady was its rhythm. A lie should have never been told without truth in the tone.

Itachi retrieved the vial and unscrewed the cap, holding it out and tipping the vial over it. With steady hands and focused eyes, the man watched as only one drop fell from the lips of the glass and onto the metal of the cap with a clink. Immediately, he pulled the vial into an upright position so as to avoid anymore of the fiery liquid falling forth.

There could only be one drop; at least, that's what he felt to be true.

"Open her mouth." Itachi instructed of his partner as the blue man sat uselessly to the side. Kisame rose a brow in question but did as asked nonetheless, using a hand to pull down her chin. The elf's skin was pallid, her breathing weak. Kisame could barely feel her breath as her chest heaved up and down at a slow, methodical pace.

Itachi brought the cap of odd liquid over the elf's mouth and tipped the tiny drop between her lips. Quickly, Kisame shut the woman's mouth and pinched her nostrils together with his other hand. When she finally swallowed in her unconscious state, he removed his hands, and him and his partner watched in awe as the woman's injuries instantly healed. Sizzling sounds came from each cut as it closed, and stems of steam vanished as quickly as they appeared from the torn flesh wounds as they instantly bonded together. Her skin color resumed a healthier, warmer glow, and her usual flush returned to her cheeks. Subsequently, her eyes shot open, and her body jolted up in a flash.

The two men stood in haste as the woman collected her surroundings. She was dazed but after a few seconds, no longer confused. Her eyes snapped toward Itachi's, and in her gaze lied determined gratitude.