Stranger Things

It was a lovely day. The sun shone brightly on the ignorant villagers of Konoha. Life was as carefree as the clouds that swam through the azure sky. Birds chirped, and squirrels chattered.

The individual took all this in as he trotted down the path, following his friend's scent. She had disappeared, and although everyone was in an uproar back at home, he knew she had her reasons. He knew she wouldn't return on petty words alone. And he half supported her. No one would want to return to such a hell. But then again, she also carried a duty upon her back. The other half of him wanted to chastise her immaturity and selfishness.

It was then the gates came into view, and the creature drew in a long breath at the sight. The architecture was satisfyingly unique, but the grandeur paled in comparison to his homeland. However, he had to give the humans props for such a feat. The walls were enormous and the designs foreign. Each little detail had him smiling.

Of course, he should've known such walls were in place for a reason, and as he waltzed right up to them, he was stopped by lightning fast humans. Their speed made him take a step back. Elvinia really had flown ways away.

"State your business. . . uh-" The first one to speak immediately stopped, his jaw slack as his widening eyes stared at the individual's lower half. The others mimicked his actions as they too scrutinized this newcomer's appearance. The man sighed, rolling his eyes and stomping his. . . hoof.

He was a satyr, and by all means, staring was rude. He cleared his throat, gaining the three humans' gazes.

"Do not be frightened, humans. I'm here to see Elvinia. Her scent travels through this gate. Might you be so kind as to take me to her?" The man- or satyr- spoke, smiling kindly at the three, gawking individuals. Watching as they glanced at each other in disbelief and question, the satyr threw in a please as a last attempt, becoming slightly desperate. He really missed the elf.

"We'll take you to the Hokage. Come with us." The one from before took ahold of the satyr's arm, staring at the hide that coated most of it. His curiosity was seen as understandable in the satyr's eyes, and the latter could do nothing but chuckle in amusement as he was led away. He assumed this Hokage was the leader. Their suspicion was also understandable. The satyr thought it only prudent to cooperate. He'd see Elvinia soon.

"Pacing in my office isn't going to bring them back any faster." Tsunade grumbled from her chair behind the Hokage desk, holding her head in a hand as she sifted through piles of documents. The Jonin paid her no heed, continuing a pensive walk back and forth in front of the woman's desk. She sighed, resuming to ignore him. A knock sounded on the door, making the woman groan and give up on her work. Giving the intruders permission to enter, she sat back and watched as the doors swung open to reveal something that made her question if she was drunk or not.

The Jonin ceased his pacing, staring sternly at the creature in the doorway. With a jovial smile and skip in his step, the latter trotted into the office behind his ninja escorts. Tsunade waved the three men off, nodding to them in thanks as her eyes remained fixed on the creature. He wasn't a hallucination, it seemed, for the Jonin's obvious confusion matched her own.

"Hello, M'Lady." The abnormality wrapped his fur-lined arm around his back and performed a small bow. "I am Thiavar of Tehlmar. I've come to see Elvinia. I am right in thinking this is her current location, no?" He then perked a pair of goat ears up, seemingly sniffing the air. It seemed his nose was leading him toward the Jonin, and when he made it up to the man, the creature ceased his movements and opened his eyes. In confusion, he commented, "that's odd. You smell most like her. Do you, perhaps, know where she is?" He asked politely, smiling cheerfully.