Sickening Humans

Please, give me your precious feedback! This is my first attempt at an in-depth Naruto story that includes a tough character to portray! I need opinions!

And if y'all were wondering where I get my pictures---> totally pinterest XD I love pinterest.... Anyway! Enjoy!

^^^ Pic of Linksys :3 ---------------------->

Two days later...

I walked through the streets, the early morning breeze chilling my exposed skin. I had changed from my normal, casual clothes that mainly consisted of long, cloth dresses and now dawned my armor. I never thought I'd ever wear it again, but by now, keeping promises was a part of the past me – the me from what felt like a different life. I studied the ground as I walked, the sun creeping higher and higher into the sky to shed light upon the village. I couldn't help recalling the argument I had with that Tsunade woman as the blissful atmosphere forced me to reminisce.

The mission she was coercing me to participate in was ludicrous, not to mention I never wanted to go on it in the first place. I'd much rather – no sarcasm here – kill myself.

The only reason I agreed, not that I had a choice, was because she wanted to "keep an eye on me", and I also had a debt to repay. I didn't, however, intend to be of use.

I headed toward the training grounds by instruction of a map handed to me yesterday where this so called Team Seven was supposed to meet. It was slightly crinkled for reasons I'd rather not recant.

I kicked at a rock on the ground before sighing and looking up at the beautiful tree in front of me, Linksys rubbing my cheek with his scaly muzzle for attention.

It seemed so long ago now, I didn't even know these kind of beautiful plants existed. Only rock, brimstone, fire, and smoke. A few singed trunks of what used to be plants stuck out of the ground. The only plant I could fondle the uniqueness of was our country's fire flower, but even the most ethereal beauty only lasts so long. It soon became a tool, its former gleaming quality lost, kind of similar to me.

I may have understood its beauty better if I wasn't so naive at the time, but now I could only appreciate it from afar, long ahead in the present.

The churning waves of time rushed upon me, and my mind was brought back to reality, making me suddenly remember my intentions and what got me here.

"What," I exclaimed, slamming my hands on her desk, "you're sending me on a vexatious mission to fight a kid's war?!"

The woman's eyebrow twitched, sick of arguing with me.

"Yes," she said lowly, leaning back in her throne-like chair and narrowing her eyes at me, "what's the problem?"

"What's the problem?!" I repeated incredulously. "Maybe you haven't realized this, but I don't exactly have to follow your orders. . . And besides that. . . I don't fight. I don't fight." I emphasized the latter, my eyes flashing green in uncertainty.