Descent Into Evil

She had been waiting for this moment- a moment of ignorance. Without any knowledge of the time passed, she was forced to guess on the amount of days she had slept on this cold, grimy floor. With her heart gone and hope lost, she had been taken prisoner and bound by anti-magic ropes. But someone had removed them while she slept- out of idiocy or ignorance, she was not sure. Either way, she was fleeing this hideout for good.

Before leaving the confines of her privacy, she decided to look into just what was going on with her satchel. She wasn't sure how Kakashi kept attaining it from her stores of magic, but it had just reappeared in the reservoir. That meant he had sent it to her. With excitement coursing through her veins, she called upon the accoutrement, relishing in the feel of its leather straps under her fingers. She hated to admit it, but she missed the Jonin. Compared to this hell, she'd take that annoying human's presence any day.

There was a note. It was from Kakashi, and it read: Tsunade-sama did not send you on that mission. Someone else is working behind the scenes, and she fears subversion. She wouldn't say it, but I know she's beating herself up looking for you. Please send us word of your condition. Do you have the slightest clue of where they have taken you? I haven't told Naruto of your kidnap yet, but it's only a matter of time before he finds out. I'm sure he'll go ballistic. To get to the point, we haven't forgotten you. The Akatsuki is an organization of S-Class criminals. Watch your back.

It was short and sweet, and Elvinia found herself contemplating on whether or not to burn it. She normally always would, but something in the back of her mind stopped her. So instead, she folded it neatly and filed it in a secret pocket of her satchel. Retrieving another sheet and a magic quill, she jotted down her response. It was also short and sweet, for she had no time to dawdle on frivolous words. Sending the satchel back, she readied herself for escape.

Taking to her feet, she adjusted her keen eyesight to the minimal light in the room. The floor was natural stone and walls an odd alabaster. Lighting the hallway beyond the bars of her cell were braziers and torches. Focusing on her returning energy, she made herself invisible and materialized herself on the other side of the bars, listening out for any disturbances. She had to find Linksys. Even if her heart was gone, she could suffice with the pain Vipirus would undoubtedly cause her. But as long as Linksys was unharmed, she cared of nothing more.

It was quiet, and she could sense no souls approaching. However, her partner's soul was eluding as well; she wondered if he was even in this place at all. Nothing would allow her to accept any other explanation for his dormant presence.

Passing through a threshold, she was brought into a more welcoming environment with wooden floors and optimal lighting from numerous candles. The walls remained that abnormal alabaster, however. Sliding open the door ever so silently, she alighted into the next room. Voices could be heard not too far off. Shielding her aura, she traipsed along the wall with utter stealth, breathing methodically.

"The bitch almost fed my head to the thing!" A familiar voice wailed most annoyingly. Elvinia could do nothing but freeze. She wondered if Asuma had escaped such a bastard. She truly prayed her sacrifice hadn't been for naught.

"Pft, wouldn't that have been for the better?" An unfamiliar voice chuckled sardonically. Elvinia smiled. Wasn't he spot on. With baited breath, she slid into the opening between the ajar door, stalking to the corner of the room to get a better outlook on just what was going on.

In the middle of the room sat a rather large, round table and in a few chairs sat the criminals. They were no doubt Akatsuki members. Hidan and Kakuzu were among the group along with a man she had yet to meet. He was definitely the one to insult Hidan.