For the Demon

3rd Person P.O.V:

"Will she be alright?"

After having had finished healing Naruto to some extent and learning about Sai's possible betrayal, Sakura had moved on to an unconscious Elvinia to attempt to heal her, but nothing was working.

Yamato narrowed his eyes in worry. The woman's breathing was ragged, her odd blood was pooling around her, and her face was feverish.

"Of course she will! I mean, this is Elvinia we're talkin' about!" Naruto tried to reassure not only the others but himself as well, failing miserably.

"Well," suddenly squatting down, Yamato placed his hands underneath the elf, "we can't afford to stay here any longer, or we'll lose Sai, but we can't leave her behind under Hokage-sama's orders. Let's go." He commanded, bounding off with Elvinia in his arms. Linksys, having had reverted back to his original size due to Elvinia's incapable state, flew behind them, worry lining his reptilian eyes. He held a satchel in his maw- specifically, Elvinia's satchel.

Bounding on their way, a sudden, haunting scene laid out before the team's eyes, Yamato halting immediately in shock.

"What the-?!" He stared in disbelief with Elvinia grimacing in her sleep. Naruto and Sakura caught up only for the girl to yelp as her arm slipped from the branch she had a hold of, her body falling rapidly toward the forest floor.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto hadn't stopped quick enough to reverse his momentum, so Yamato quickly yet gently set Elvinia on the branch and jumped down just before the girl's body hit the ground. She grimaced in pain. Her shoulder was injured from Naruto's demon cloak. Although, she hadn't told him. Just before Elvinia could erect the barrier, the demon had clawed at her shoulder, Sakura only able to partially heal the external damage. They decided to take a short breather, Sakura sitting against a tree as Naruto proceeded to ask what had happened. Linksys landed beside the girl, whimpering as he dropped the satchel and stood on his hind legs to prop his front claws on her arm.

She glanced down in minor surprise.

"What is it, boy?" She smiled warmly, using a hesitant hand to stroke the scaly hide between his tiny horns. Sighing in pleasure, the abnormal creature lapped his forked tongue over the scorched claw marks on her arm, earning a subtle hiss of pain from the girl. Her eyes widened.

"What'd he do?" Yamato inquired, watching curiously as the creature lowered back down on all fours.

"The pain is gone." She stated in awe, marveling at her arm that remained injured but painless.

"A painkilling tongue? How convenient." Yamato commented wistfully as they watched the cute reptile wiggle his way into Elvinia's satchel, backing out to throw his head up. A small fish flipped in the air, falling back down to land in the creature's mouth. He lapped it up, licking his chops and jumping around in glee. Naruto chuckled.

"He's cute." He said with a small smile on his face.

"I remember that stuff! It's a miracle cure!" Sakura suddenly exclaimed as she pointed to a scarlet vessel that was barely peeking out of the satchel, the sun's light hitting it so that scarlet hues gleamed around it. Naruto pulled it out, staring at it inquisitively.

"Oh, yea. It healed that wound in her chest in a matter of seconds, didn't it?" He replied, beginning to unscrew the top. He sniffed it, raising a brow in confusion. "It smells like a sweet, burning substance."

"I'm sure she wouldn't mind if we used it this once. We need to be back to our full strength again if we want to catch up to Orochimaru. Plus, Elvinia is in dire need of it- really more than any of us." Sakura reasoned, gesticulating for Naruto to make haste. The boy took the golden top and poured a few drops in, holding it out to Sakura who was bringing it to her lips when an alarming voice reached out.