Interlude

Marina's POV:

*

I awoke with the sound of thunder cracking. Ah, springtime. I really did love rainy mornings and April. This morning, however, would be very lively. It was saturday, and that meant my baby shower. Shower, how funny. You know, since it was raining? I'm already getting my mom jokes on.

I turned to Alex. His mouth was tucked under the blanket, his sweet little nose popping out. I kissed it once. I could tell he smiled beneath the blanket. His eyes drowsily opened. He moved the blankie down so he could talk. "I always said I would marry you if I could wake up like this every morning. It's a damn good thing I did."

"You look so cute when you sleep. But you're even cuter when you're awake. Do you want quiche?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. Let me make something." He smiled.

"Are you sure? We never change it up! It could set our entire lives off balance!" I frantically said.

"You overreact. I'll make us some bacon and eggs." He started getting up. All he wore to bed was plaid boxers. I liked the way he looked nearly naked in the morning. Damn you, future son, for being such a cock block!

I struggled to sit up, heaving myself out of bed. Only one more month of this. It would be the worst month, by far, but worth it. I looked into my closet of the five things that fit me. A few shirts, two pairs of maternity jeans, and maybe three dresses. I put on the black maxi dress and some flats. "Alex, we have to go shopping!"

"Why?" He asked.

"I'm too big, none of this shit fits me anymore!" I hollered back.

"God Marina, you're so fat!" He was saying as I walked to the living room. He had been making fat jokes these past few weeks. "I should start calling you Cartman."

"You ass." I playfully whacked him.

"No, you have the ass. Big butt."

"Alley cat." I said, going into the basket on the kitchen table. I kept all my decorations in it. All the balloons were tied to a chair. I started untying them and put them all around the room, especially on the recliner. That's where I would be sitting with Alex.

And yes, Alex would be the only guy there. Those Jack and Jill babyshowers (the coed ones) were absolutely horrible. The guys just complain the whole time about how much they wanna leave, or complain about not having a beer. I did not need to deal with that. Jack wanted to come, but I told him that he could go to his own baby shower and leave this one for alex. Jack just had his last week anyway, and there were only half as many people at theirs than were supposed to be at mine, and they were just swimming in gifts. My head was beginning to spin about how many thank you cards I would have to write. But it was okay. I was happy to have such a crazy amount of people who loved me. 

I was brought back to reality. There was a knock on my door. I knew it was Emily and Colby and Kianna. Colbs and Khanna flew in just for the occasion, and were stay the week before and after my due date. I was so lucky.

"Marina, you look so good!" Kianna hugged me.

"We got rid of the kids today, just for you." Colby hugged me too.

"So where's the food?" Emily said, hugging me and walking in.

They were here to help make food. Alex, of course, would be the one setting up. "The bread is on the counter, cans are in the cabinet over the microwave, and the macaroni is in the pantry." I said, heading over with them.

"Colbs, you wanna hit the sandwiches with me?" Kianna asked her.

"Sure thing." She said, grabbing things from the fridge while Kianna grabbed the cutting board, knives, bread, and platter.