Stella

Marina's POV:

Flash forward a year and a half later. Mid- July at the summer house. Peter was now 17. He worked at the summer camp up here with the other guys. They were old enough now so we could leave them for a week and head back to Bmore. Peter was having the time of his life up here. He met some hot girls at the camp and loved being a lifeguard. He drove a silver Jeep Wrangler and always piled in all the boys. Tucker was becoming a young man, too. He was 17 in a week or so, and loved to sit on the edge of the dock during sundown and smoke a blunt. He was so thankful to be away from his abusive stepdad, who had only gotten worse. Tucker was big enough now to go fight him in his mom's place. I hated the sound of his shitty VW Rabbit pulling into the driveway at two in the morning, him stumbling out beaten and crying. Oftentimes I would sit on the back pourch and listen to him tell me everything. He would take his bowl out of his pocket and shake so badly he couldn't light it. I would take out a match and light it for him.

In a way, Tucker was me as a teenager. I would leave my house when I was fifteen and find somewhere else to go so maybe I could fall asleep and not be hit anymore. That's where the pot came in. It was my escape, how I would calm down. So I let Tuck continue his bad habits because at least he wasn't harming himself through cutting or worse, actually offing himself.

But now it was summer, and he was far away from harm under my watch. This week in particular, everyone was up, because we had a HUGE suprise planned. Luke and Colby were up with the girls in the beginning of the summer, and our conversation went something like this:

"Even though I loved my wedding, I have to admit Emily and Zack's was probably the most fun." I said.

"Rian's was beautiful, but the fights ruined it." Colby said, then turned to Luke. "I blame you for bringing Jenna."

"Well you brought my bandmate. Bitch." He crossed his arms, but it was all in good fun.

"Kianna's was perfect timing though. Alex and I had never been so close, and you guys were blossoming into something new." I said. "You know, I can't seem to remember anything from you guy's wedding."

"That's because it never happened." Luke said, taking a swig of his beer.

"That's right." Colby suddenly remembered. "We never got married. Should we do that at some point?"

"Yeah, sounds fun." Luke shrugged.

So this is where I came in. It had been about a month, and I had done my fair share of work to make this happen. Today was the day. I was so pumped, but nervous that I might blow it. I'm awful at suprises.

Alex and the boys had taken Luke to go fishing at the other side of the lake. Colby's girls were in the kitchen, cooking up a storm, with my 13 year old Stella helping them out. She had grown into an amazing woman, and she made one hell of a cheesecake. They claimed they were just making a big dinner for everyone, nothing too suspicious. Peter and Tucker were outside, setting up chairs on the dock. Colby was currently in the shower. Emily, Kianna, and I were drinking rose and laughing on the couch. Once Colby got out, we acted like we were just chatting about our wedding dresses.

"You know what I realized?" I said. "Alex and I came here right after the wedding. Which means my dress is still here. I wanna see if I'll fit into it still."

"You're so tiny, I bet you do." Colby laughed.

"Let's do it then!" Kianna ushered us into my room.

I took it out of the closet. Of course I didn't leave it here, I had only brought it down for the occasion. I took it out and unlaced the back, then slipped into it. Luckily, the lace back wasn't a zipper. Everywhere seemed to fit fine besides my boobs.