Come One, Come All

Alex's POV:

I yelled to the crowd. Last day of Warped, and my last song. I decided to do a little suprise today.

"Alright, everybody. Now for this last one, I had an idea. Peter, come out here. Tuck, Max, you too." I called to them. They were standing side stage.

Peter led the pack like he always did. The other too followed close behind. I took off my guitar and handed it to Peter. My yellow SG, the first one I brought on warped those years ago. I stepped back from the mic and jestured to it.

"Dad, what are you doing?" He asked.

"I want you guys to play Dear Maria." I said, looking over at Jack. 

He came over and handed his boner Les Paul to Max. Zack handed his bass to Tucker.

"Dad, you're insane!" Peter was becoming nervous.

"Yup. And you're even more insane. C'mon, you've been playing aux for your mother all summer. You can handle one All Time Low song." I said.

"But I've never sang in front of a crowd this big." His eyes were wide.

"Gotta start somewhere." I said. "Do the cough. They love the cough."

"Ahh, okay." He stood in front of the mic, then stepped on my chorus pedal. Interesting. The other guys got in place. Peter started. "Eh-em." His cough. "I've got your picture, I'm coming with you. Dear Maria count me in." He held the mic to the audience.

"There's a story at the bottom of this bottle and I'm the pen." A sea of women shouted back at him.

Max started tearing it up. Rian was going nuts from the back. Peter started to loosen up. Things were gonna be fine. Marina joined me on the side of the stage. She wrapped both arms around me. "This is it. Our son has started a band. What did we ever do to deserve a punk kid?" She was smiling, looking up at me.

"I don't know, but we're lucky. Four natural birth, beautiful, talented children." I responded. "And all our bonus babies."

She nuzzled into me. "This is amazing."

Peter's voice sounded just like mine, but with a hint of classical influence. Like his mother. His guitar was all her, but twice as talented. I should have known from the chorus pedal, Marina's favorite. Max was shredding. This was definitely not Jack's influence. Jack couldn't play that good, ever. Tucker was completely self taught on bass. Marina and I got him his first bass when he was 12. He also played guitar, but he couldn't match up to Max's level of craziness. We watched as they played and bid the audience goodbye. Peter was glowing more than when he came home after a sleepover at Monica's house.

"Dad, that was amazing! Thank you!" Peter came off stage, whacking me.

"Yeah, Dad, that was fucking so sweet! Did you see that part where they tried to grab my legs?" Tucker added. 

"Step-daddy, that was so sick. You have to take us on your next tour." Max called me Step-daddy because Jack was his dad, but I was daddy number two. 

"I don't know, guys. This tour has been so fun, but I have a really hard time being away from your mother for so long." I rubbed her back. Truth is, we got an offer for a pretty sweet UK tour. A lot of money in it. And I missed this, the playing and touring. But I would miss Marina more, and if both bands toured, the kids would have to come.

"Alex, why don't you do it? It'll only be two weeks. Take the boys with you. We've been on longer family vacations." She said. "I know you want to. I'll be fine with the other kiddos."

"I'll think about it." I told the kids.

__________________________________________________________