I Can't Do the One-Two Step

Alex's POV:

January had been a blast. Marina's vagina finally started to shrink back to normal and we'd been banging a lot. Peter was becoming so big, so quickly, and I felt like time was slipping right by me. Pretty soon I would be teaching him football in the backyard. It was unreal.

And Marina, she was such an amazing mother. She loved that boy more than life itself. He became her new best friend. She did everything with him. And there was something so beautiful about knowing my son would grow up in such a loving home. Marina's stretch marks showed her strength, carrying our son. Her smile lines were every laugh we ever had. She was aging in beauty. 

This night was valentine's day. I insisted we drop off Peter with my mom. Marina agreed, but she definitely missed him. I drove us out to Thames Street Oyster House. She was wearing a black and white striped peplum dress with a gaudy necklace. Marina loved jewelery. She hardly got time to dress up since Peter. I got to for work all the time, so I wore standard clothes. We were seated in a quiet corner.

"Alex, let's play a game. We talk all the time, but we never talk about anything but Peter or TV or work." She said, not in an insulting 'our marriage is boring' kind of way, but in a 'let's do something different' way.

"Sounds fun. What did you have in mind?" I asked her.

"Like a would you rather, but instead of two sucky choices, just which best represents you. Like are you a lion or a tiger." She said.

"I'd definitely be a lion. I'm a leader. I called our son the newborn king when he came out. What about you, baby?" I asked.

"A lion. I don't even know what the personality traits of a tiger are." She giggled. "Okay, I've got another one. Are you a painting or drawing?"

"I'm definitely a drawing. A sketch. Kind of moving, kind of rough around the edges. Usually more about detail than color? What about you? Can I guess?"

"Sure." She smiled.

"You're a painting."

"You're right. And why is that?"

"You're an acrylic painting. Really beautiful and layered. Intricate and warm. And you're a centerpiece. You grab the attention of everyone in the room." I saw her blush. "Why do you think you're a painting?"

"I love color and smooth movements. I'm a classy bitch, and paintings are classy." She giggled. "But I'm so flattered you think I'm such a fox. I'm so much fatter now."

"Marina, you're the single most beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. Now can we get back to the game?"

"Yeah, I guess." She smiled.

"Okay, are you a pair of jeans or khakis?"

She looked puzzled. "That's such a hard one! I'm classy like khakis but very non-judgemental like jeans. I guess I'm more jeans, but only with a knit sweater. You're obviously jeans."

"Yeah, no argument there."

A man walked to our table. "Hey, my name's Justin and I'll be your server tonight. What can I get you to drink?"

"I'll take a terrapin." I said.

"Can I have a cosmopolitan? Are you driving, Alex?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'll drive." I shrugged. Marina liked it when I drove anyways.

"Can I see some IDs?" He asked.

Christ, it had been a while. We both pulled them out.

"Wow, you guys are married!" He noted from the last name. "By the way you were talking, you seemed like such new lovers."