17

Chapter Seventeen

            "Z, don't you think you're too young to get married?" Bakas sa mukha ni September ang pag-aalala nang sabihin ko sa kanya na nagpropose na ako kay Sam. But of course I didn't go down on the details.

            "I don't." Prangka kong sagot.

            I know he's worried about me getting tied and all because he's not the type of guy who plans to settle down someday. Pero buo na ang loob ko. Nobody can talk me out of this. I will marry Sam and that's final.

            "Hindi mo ba naiisip na baka nabibigla ka lang? Kakabalikan niyo lang, papakasalan mo na siya agad? Don't you think it's too fast?" He asked once more.

            "Again, I don't." September wrinkled his eyebrows as he eyed me with confusion.

            "You do realize that once you get married to her, you can't party and fuck whenever you want, right? Tell me you realized that!"

            "Dude, cut it out. I'm not like you, or Lyric!" I strided towards the kitchen to look for some dinner. I found a box of pizza and took it out. Iiinit ko na lang ito.

            "Pare, hindi ka puwedeng magpakasal! Masisira ang all bachelors image ng barkada!"

            "To tell you frankly, I have no interest in remaining a bachelor for the rest of my life. I want to have a family to grow old with." I sat on one of the kitchen stools while watching him glower at me.

            "That's the craziest shit I've ever heard from you, man!" He muttered.

            "One day, you're going to regret saying that when you find the woman who will make your life more vibrant, and you're going to shove those words up your own ass." I commented.

            He gave me a snicker. "I'm Julius September, no one can make me fall."

            "Siraulo," balik ko. Tinawanan niya lang ako bago muling bumalik sa pagkumbinsi sa akin na hindi ako dapat magpakasal.

            "Pare, just quit it. Nothing you say will change my decision."

            "Bummer." He replied. Tumunog na ang microwave kaya lumapit ako dito at kinuha ang pizza, I munched it down in large bites.

            "Matutulog na nga ako, bahala ka r'yan. Good night and wet dreams, my man. Goodnight and wet dreams."

            The moonlight coming through the window casted an eerie glow to his face. Tinalikuran niya ako at naglakad na papunta sa kuwarto niya. Napailing ako bago itinuloy ang pagkain ng pizza. Hinugasan ko ang pinggan ko pagkatapos at dumeretso sa guest room.

            Tomorrow's going to be a long day, ililipad ko si Sam sa Manila para ipaalam kay Dad at Mom ang binabalak naming pagpapakasal.

            I slept with a huge smile on my face.

            When I woke up, the happiness still hasn't worn off. Nagmamadali akong maligo bago tinawagan ang piloto ng jet namin. I have always loved using the jet, hindi ako masyadong mahilig sumakay sa public plane. I like the peace and quiet -- the solitude.

            When I exited the guest room, I saw September seated on one of the living room couches with a lady sitting on his lap. Napataas ako ng kilay.

            "Man, what the hell?" I glared at him.

            "Dude, language!" He threw the woman an apologetic look. "Where are your manners, Zade? You are humiliating me. By the way, this is Cheska."