Kareem Abdul Jabbar! (OUQ)

*Houssam steps out of the locker room, freshly showered, and in clean clothes. He heads down towards the press conference room, his heart in his stomach. He had managed to convince Harold to only make him do an interview once a month with the press, and unfortunately that day was upon him once more. Ugh, he hated this so much! He spots Harold waiting for him in front of the closed door, and glares at his manager.*

Harold: Ready babe?

Houssam: *grumbling* I don't want to do this Harold!

Harold: You have to Houssam.

Houssam: *crossing his arms over his chest* No!

Harold: Stop being a baby and get inside!

Houssam: *whining* I really don't want to!

Harold: Nobody WANTS to, but it's part of the job! You have to!

Houssam: You do it for me!

Harold: Listen, I have a huge surprise for you if you do this.

Houssam: *trying not to show his curiosity* I don't like surprises.

Harold: You'll like this one! Come on, it will take half an hour tops!

Houssam: *glaring at Harold* fine.

*Harold opens the door, and as soon as they step inside, Houssam is instantly bombarded by camera's flashing, and reporters yelling at him. He stays in the doorway, but Harold starts to push him, and he reluctantly makes his way up to the podium.*

Harold: *speaking into the microphone* Mr. Shaykh will start answering questions right now. He would not accept any questions about religion, politics, or what is happening in the Middle East. *he motions towards Houssam, and he steps forward.*

Houssam: *leaning towards the microphone* Uh, hi.

*all of the reporters start to wave their hands eagerly in the air, and Houssam points at one at random.*

Houssam: You in the red dress.

Girl in the red dress: Mr. Shaykh! Is it true that you are in negotiations to transfer to the Bulls?

Houssam: It is on the table, but it is not confirmed as of now. You, in the blue hat.

Guy in the blue hat: Mr. Shaykh! You have won MVP two years in a row! Do you feel you will win again this year?

Houssam: *shrugging* There is no way to be certain honestly. There are so many amazing players out there, that I think anyone could win. You with the long pink hair.

Guy with the long pink hair (LOL): There have been rumors going around that you are unhappy with Coach Hoffman, and are threatening to leave the Lakers if they don't fire him. Is that true?!

Houssam: *rolling his eyes* of course not! Coach Hoffman is one of the best men on the face of this earth, and if he were to ever leave the Lakers to go to another team, I'd go with him!

*For the next forty five minutes, Houssam stands there answering questions, and as he finally leaves, he glares at Harold.*

Houssam: You said it would be half an hour tops! It's been forty five minutes.

Harold: Sorry son. I had to keep you stalled.

Houssam: Why?

Harold: Because your surprise wasn't ready yet!

Houssam: Is it ready now?

Harold: *nodding* yup. Go on to the team lounge.

*Houssam eagerly jogs towards the team lounge, and as he steps inside, his mouth falls open, and he just stares in shock. One of his idols, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, is standing in front of him.*

Kareem Abdul Jabbar: *after a few seconds of silence* Salaam Shaykh. I've been following your career, and you are an awesome basketball player MashaAllah!

*Houssam continues to stare at him, not unaware that everyone around him is laughing at him.*

Harold: *whispering* say something!

Houssam: *blurting out like he is some kind of crazy stalker fan* My dad's name is Abdul Jabbar!

*everyone, including Kareem Abdul Jabbar starts to laugh.*

Kareem Abdul Jabbar: Well, Alhamdulillah I got to choose such a wonderful name for myself! It would be an honor to meet him one day.

Houssam: He would be honored too! *he turns deep red as he realizes how much like a thirteen year old girl he must sound like*

*Finally he starts to loosen up, and they talk and laugh and chat. Eventually they all go out to dinner together, and by the time Kareem Abdul Jabbar starts to walk towards his car to leave, Houssam is practically walking on air.*

Freddy: Gee Shaykh, could you have fangirled any harder!?

Houssam: *scowling at him* shut up!

Freddy: You were so hilarious! I half expected you to let him use you as a footstool!

Houssam: Freddy!

Harold: He is right son. I am surprised you didn't ask him for his autograph!

Houssam: *slapping his forehead with a groan* I knew I forgot something! *he grabs a notebook and pen, and races after him* KAREEM ABDUL JABBAR! WAIT!