Hand In Hand

Happy Birthday RameenTauseef!!!!!

*Baby Houssami is sitting at his desk in his little third grade classroom, scribbling furiously on his paper with his crayons*

Teacher: Okay class! It's almost time for recess! Who wants to share their short story first?!

Baby Houssam: *practically falling out of his seat while waving his hand in the air* Ooh! Pick me! PICK ME MISS HAJAR!

Miss Hajar: Okay Houssam, go ahead!

Baby Houssam: *fist pumping the air* He shoots, HE SCORES!!!! *he starts to do a debkah dance in the middle of the room*

Miss Hajar: Houssam, please come read your story!

Houssam: Okay!

*Houssam makes his way towards the front of the class, tripping slightly on his untied shoelaces. His hair is in disarray, his uniform shirt is half untucked from his pants, and his jacket buttons are buttoned all wrong. But he has a HUGE goofy grin on his face.*

Miss Hajar: Okay Houssam, why don't you read to us your story first, and then you can show us the pictures your drew!

Baby Houssam: Okay! *he flips open his construction paper 'book'* One time a very long time ago but in the future, there was the bestest basketball player in all of the whole wide world! *his eyes open really wide* ALL of the world!!

Class: Wow!!

Baby Houssam: *flipping the page* And he was so the goodest, that even Michael Jordan HAD to know him!

Class: WOW!

Baby Houssam: And it was so much fun cause he got a lot of monies, and boughted all of the grape leaves in the world! AND the video games too! *he flips a page* then he finished being a basketball star and was the bestest spy ever!

Class: WOOOOW!

Baby Houssam: IT WAS SO COOL! He haded adventures and saveded peoples and met the President of the Untied States!

Miss Hajar: *trying not to laugh* Uh Hossam it's UnITEd States, not UnTIEd States!

Baby Houssam: A course I knew that Miss Hajar!

Miss Hajr: *smiling* of course. Continue please.

Houssam: *flipping the page* After he finished being the bestest spy eber, he finded a wife!

Class: Oooooooooooooh!

*Houssam grins a large grin*

Houssam: And then he had all of the kids, and started his own basketball team and lived so happy all of the time! The end!

*Class applauds*

Miss Hajar: Very nice Houssam! Does anybody have any questions? *little boys raises his hand* Yes AbdulMateen?

AbdulMateen: What team does he play on when he is a big basketball star?

Baby Houssami: *tapping his book against his chin* ummmm the Sheecago Bullies (Chicago Bulls)! Just like Michael Jordan! 

AbdulMateen: But what if you have to choose one more team?

Baby Houssami: Ummm okay! The Lake (Lakers) team!

Miss Hajar: Very nice Houssam. Are there any other questions? *little girl raises her hand* Yes Hafsa?

Hafsa: Is the wife going to be SO pretty!?

Baby Houssami: *big goofy grin* yes! The bestest prettiest in all of the world! But she is not going to be that much tall because I want to be SOOOO tall!

Hafsa: What is her name going to be?!

Houssam: *shrugs* I dunno! But she is going to be the bestest ever!

Miss Hajar: Well thank you Houssam! That was very nice! *she leads the class in a round of applause*

*Just then the bell rings*

Miss Hajar: *standing up* Okay class! Grab your lunch boxes and line up against the wall! Haroon is line leader this week so we will all follow him out!

*Baby Houssami hurries back to his desk, grabs his lunchbox from the basket under his chair, and gets into line, eagerly bouncing up and down on his toes. As they are walking outside, he pauses by the water fountain, and after taking a drink, he is about to join the class outside, when he notices a little girl standing at the kindergarten cubbies. Her black hair is in a long braid down her back and she is standing on her tiptoes and is reaching as far as she can to reach her own lunchbox, but she keeps missing it. Houssam, as he is the tallest in his class, and he is pretty tall for his age for that matter, saunters over, a large grin on his face.*

Baby Houssami: *taking the lunchbox down easily and handing it to her* Here you go!

Little Girl: *blushing and whispering* Thank you. 

Baby Houssami: No problem! What's your name?!

Little Girl: *still whispering* Hana. 

Baby Houssami: Hi Hana! My name is Houssam!

Little Hana: Hi Houssam. Are you a big student?

Baby Houssami: *proudly* Yeah! I am in third grade!

Little Hana: Wow. That is big. *she gives a sigh* I wish I was a big student. 

Baby Houssami: *in a consoling voice* Aw it's okay! You will be a big student one day!

Little Hana: *hope shining in her large brown eyes which are behind her black framed glasses* Really?!

Baby Houssami: A course! *in a stern voice* You work really hard on all of your homework, and you will be a big student just like me! Okay?

Little Hana: Okay! I like to do writing!

Baby Houssami: Me too! I wroteded a story! Do you want to hear it!?

Little Hana: Okay! *shyly* Do you want to hear my story?

Baby Houssami: What is it bout?

Little Hana: It is about a little girl who moves to New York City and makes all her dreams come true!

Baby Houssami: *with a wide grin* Wow! That sounds nice! You can sit with me and we can say our stories together!

Little Hana: Okay!

Baby Houssami: Let's go! *he extends his hand towards her, and she stares at him for a few seconds, before taking his hand, and as Houssami begins to relate to her his story, the two of them head towards the playground together.*

*Hand in hand.*