Don't Ever Leave Me Again! (OUQ)

Hisham: *in a worried voice* are you sure you are going to be okay?

Ilham: *laughing* habibi! Please stop worrying! I am going to be fine!

Hisham: But this is the first time you have been alone with all three kids!

*After Hamoudi was born, Hisham took two months off work to help her out, but now that the two months were up, he was starting again today, and was so nervous about leaving her alone*

Ilham: Hisham honey, you are so sweet, but I am going to be fine! Look at them! *she motions to where Dawud is sitting at the table eating cereal, Hamoudi is in his swing fast asleep, and Layla is laying on the floor 'reading' a book* they are little angels!

Hisham: I can take another month off! No problem!

*Ilham steps forward, straightens out his tie, and kisses him*

Ilham: No. Amu AbdulJabbar needs you, and you are going stir crazy at home. You need to go back! We are going to be fine, I promise! And if I need help, I can always call Yusra!

Hisham: Are you positive?

Ilham: Yes, I am positive! I can do this Hisham!

Hisham: I know you can hayati, I just don't want you to get overwhelmed! Or feel like I am deserting you!

Ilham: *shaking her head* I would never. Now go! *she starts to push him towards the door* we will be fine!

Hisham: *with a sigh* okay. *he gives her another kiss before kissing the older children, and blowing a kiss at the baby for fear of waking him up, before he leaves*

*THE SECOND HISHAM CLOSES THE DOOR*

Dawud: Mama!

Ilham: Yes habibi?

Dawud: Can I have some juse please?

Ilham: Of course! *she starts to head towards the kitchen, when Layla lets out an ear piercing scream, and she runs towards the living room* Lulu! What's wrong! *she picks up her daughter, inspecting her all over for signs of injury*

Layla: *giving her a large Hisham-dimpled grin* Nuffin's wrong Mama!

Ilham: *putting a hand over her heart* then why did you scream!

Layla: I couldn't, I couldn't find my momade moovie!

Ilham: *retrieving The Little Mermaid DVD from where it is sitting practically on top of Layla's feet* its right here habibti.

Layla: Tank you Mama!

Ilham: You're welcome habibat Mama! (Mama's habibti)

Dawud: *calling from the dining room* Mama! I'm really tirsty!

Ilham: Okay habibi. *she glances over at Hamoudi's swing to make sure Layla's shrieking didn't wake him up, and pours Dawud some 'juse' before heading back into the living room to put on Layla's 'momade (mermaid) moovie'.*

*AS SOON AS SHE SITS DOWN*

Dawud: MAMA! MAMA COME FAST!

*Ilham dashes into the kitchen, prepared to call 911 on her phone*

Ilham: What?! What is it?!

Dawud: *who is in tears* I spilleded some juse on my shirt!

Ilham: *glancing at the tiny almost microscopic drop of orange juice on her son's Buzz lightyear pajama shirt* It's okay habibi, it will dry.